Stats & Gearing

so i am playing assassination and i noticed that as i get conquest gear my haste keeps going down. isn’t conquest gear supposed to have better stats than honor gear or am i tripping? with a mix of honor gear and conquest gear i can get up to 21% haste but with all conquest i get 17%.

1 Like

Does the conquest gear have haste on it?

Secondaries on gear also isn’t consistent, there are different amounts on each pieces of gear (ie, every 200ilvl piece won’t always have X amount of stat 1 and Y amount of stat 2. So getting a higher ilvl piece does not guarantee more of stat 1).

Double check what gear you’re replacing because I can guarantee the stats and their amounts are different.

2 Likes

yea the conquest gear offers less haste but more vers but as assassination i need both to be useful

If you keep upgrading it it’ll be higher than the honor gear. What upgrade tier is it?

rival i think

I thought that would be high enough to at least equal out the 197 gear’s off stats.

thats what i thought as well but apparently not im doing more dps in mixed honor/conquest gear than in full conquest

Really? That’s extremely surprising to me considering the massive vers and mainstat upgrades it would provide.

ya but i also need haste to get off envenoms faster and to make my energy regen faster if that makes sense

can you post a pic of the stats side by side

How do I do that?

just hover over the one you aren’t wearing and hold shift/ctrl whichever one it is to compare.

Or just list the stats of each here in text.

Compare your build with mines.

I have 3 builds

1. 17 haste | 18 mastery | 29 vers >> pvp
  2. 19 haste | 14 mastery | 29 vers >> pvp
  3. 22 haste | 14 mastery | 27 vers >> pve

I’m doing more dmg with build 1. i find 17 haste to be the sweet spot for pvp (I get more value by going mastery after 17 haste)

the next conquest piece I’m going for is the haste/vers chest piece and then finally the mastery/vers hand piece for my optimal build.

Right now I say you should reduce the number of gear with crit+vers (only your weapons should have those)

consider crafting a legendary ring as well, it gives you more stats

As a Gnome I play Subterfuge, Prey on the Weak and Deeper Stratagem with ~78 haste.

Lets me do this most of the time even when SnD is not up.

CS->SS->SS->Proc 1 CP and 8 energy->6 pt Evis all in the MA crit window.

It would be perfect if they would just make Premed the way it was.

Stop being a spazz and pool some energy, watch your tempo.

Welcome Back to the Vanilla.

I only fully upgraded my doomblade leggo how is MA for assassination?

It’s awesome - add me in game and I’ll show a couple of cool/killer rotations.

MA is good for PvP and alright in PvE, not as good as Zoldyck.

Honor gear as the exact same stat combinations as their Conquest counterparts if you purchased the same piece, only way you’re getting less haste is if you replaced a PvE Neck/Ring with high haste for a PvP one.

The on-use Badge of Ferocity Honor trinket has haste while the Conquest version has Crit, that could be a reason as well.

However Agility is worth a little over double the DPS per stat point compared to Haste so the higher ilvl piece is generally the better piece, a 220ilvl item is almost always better than a 197ilvl Honor piece. Rings can be an exception to this because they are only secondary stats so it’s best to Sim them.

You can use Raidbots Top Gear to sim items and see which gives you the most DPS.