Static Noise + WoW.

BUMP BUMP BUMP
This is Not exclusive to USB audio devices and also happens with all game audio off.
The sound goes away when you alt tab out of the game(Even with background sound enabled, so im not sure how a GM suggested changing windows settings until it goes away as you dont hear it when not focused on the game)
Also when you change audio settings WITHIN GAME the issues stops for a second while it is applied.
I have tried all possible PC/Game audio settings such as channels and frequency settings.(Bu)
This is using a physical PCI sound card and physical connections not usb.

I generally play with all game audio off and a video playing on another screen so this has become very annoying
Don't bump 2 year old posts of 7 year old threads. Start a new thread with your issue.
11/10/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Zungar
Don't bump 2 year old posts of 7 year old threads. Start a new thread with your issue.

Well its left unresolved and im referencing a possible fix posted by a staff member.

Apparently it got your attention

Sorry for resurrecting an old post, however, it’s possible someone else may stumble upon this in future after experiencing the same issue I just did (10/04/2020).

My fix (and this of course won’t work for everyone): I originally had my headphone jack plugged into the ancillary port located on the side of my computer case. Turns out when I plugged my headphone directly into the back of the motherboard, the static sound (which mind you only occurred when in WoW) completely disappeared.

This was an amazing turn of events. Hope it helps someone.