State of Pet Battles 8.3

Is there only 1-2 people playing pet battles at a time during all hours of the day?

It’s kind of lame trying to get the family pet battles knocked out when you fight the same overpowered team with anomalus, blightbreath, + anything or a repeat.

The meta feels really awful for pet battles and I’d imagine since every single team composition includes those two pets or some Blizzcon exclusive pets, it drives away all new pet battlers/players.

Thoughts? Could Blizzard consider opening the pet battles up world-wide so we can verse 5-6 people on rotation instead of 1 person?

1 Like

The best time to make progress on the FF PVP achievement is during Pet Battle Bonus Week. More players will be queuing up to complete the weekly, so it’s likely that the team comps will be more varied.

1 Like

There is no real rewards doing PVP pet battles. No incentives = no participation.

3 Likes

Yeah there really should be some major rewards for the 5K PvP pet battles achieve. An exclusive mount could help.

1 Like

It’s possible that silly achievements like the 5K PvP wins is big part of reason not many people queueing for Pet PvP.

Any newbie to it who’s thought oh, this sounds fun, quickly discovers they get creamed over and over and decides to heck with it. The hardcore guys are using whatever the current meta is, they’re not into it for the fun or challenge, they just need to tick off another win.

Hard to believe that any player, no matter how nobly they started off, can avoid going with their favorite super team, over and over, if they’re trying for 5,000 wins.

1 Like

The meta is only one fraction of why PvP pet battles have low participation.

Long queue “battlegroups”, poor rewards, so many bugs, no dev attention etc.

the system really needs some love

5 Likes

The annoying thing is the idiotic philosophy of “it’s not important” and yet they keep adding more content to pet battles without QA or at least responding to problems. AoE pet abilities are so moronic because the counter is too slow and clunky. It’s also irritating that they give pets multiple aoe’s. That’s why anomolous is so overused right now. There’s no stopping that much damage going out so easily.

On top of the potential counter isn’t just bad at it it’s useless for really anything else.

They’ve just stated no new pet dungeons and that it’s a small portion of players who even bother with it. So other than nerfing what worked before, it won’t be much trouble finding the new uber combo.

With all the work that was put into ripping it off from that other game, it looks like pet battling will be dwindling away. Very poor design.

It takes all my game time to keep my corruptions up. I don’t have as much time as I used to.

I’ve been collecting pets since the beginning, not so much the pvp part, but everything else.

I have more rare stones than I’ll ever need. I have about 500+ leveling stones with around 60 ultimate stones banked. I have all the pets I want TBH.

I don’t know what they could possibly offer that would make me sit in a Q for 20 minutes a pop and play the same three guys over and over. They either need to add something worthwhile or blow the whole thing up. It’s craptacular at this point.

3 Likes

A spider takes out anomalus in a couple of turns especially if you use a faster one.

Wait is anomalus blightbreath actually the meta? I was messing around with what I had and ended up with that by accident lol

My blind s/s rat shreds anom and blightbreath.

1> There is an exclusive tabard and an exclusive PET as a reward. But you think a MOUNT … as a reward for pet battles is what would do it?? +boggle+

2> If there truly are only 2-3 ppl doing PVP PB, and they’re using the same build… then it should be easy to counter it. If you know going in to it what your opponent is bringing, you should be able to develop a counter quite easily.

Even when the “Graves AoE hack” was so dominant, I recall ppl eventually developed counters. They were just slow.

But I agree the overall system is lame and needs attention.

Yes, a mount reward would help, but hey, it’s Pet Battling.
The reward should be a Battle Pet!

Or maybe something that lets you ride any of your pets as a mount!

1 Like

The reward for collecting 200, 300 and 400 toys is a title, a pet and a mount so it’s not like they haven’t done wacky non-sequitur rewards for collecting things already.

1 Like

I hope blizz shows battle pets some love. I am a feral druid and this is all I have to fall back on. :frowning:

2 Likes

Blizzard needs a smarter CEO to turn pet battles into mobile wow game that we can play when we are not on our desktops.

Reward transmogs and mounts.
Sell more pets and pet wearables on the shop.

It will create so much more revenue.

I have a few hundred shares of Activision/Blizzard stock and hoping to make some profit off it, so I’m grateful CEO smart enough to ignore suggestions like yours. They’d need to sell a whole mess of pets and plushies to recoup spending several million dollars to develop and support a mobile app – those devs don’t work cheap.