State of class balance and sub rogue

Hell y’all! I’m new to forums on my rogue (not this tune due to privacy and anonymity for guild) but thought I’d voice my concern to bring to light just how ridiculous class imbalance is.

I know some people have said it doesn’t really matter till you get to mythic raiding but I disagree.

I’m not that great of a rogue player or WoW player for that matter, lol however I play what I find fun and I have enjoyed sub rogue play style. I do heroic raiding with my guild but we don’t go into mythic.

We have quite a number of warlocks on our raid team (because meta lol) and for an example on one of the single target boss fight in CN an affliction parsed at 18% overall and 15% for iLvl. Not that great. Again I’m a casual player, so I still have a lot to improve on in how I play as well but I did significantly less damage than that warlock, with 5 iLvl’s higher parsing at 40% overall and 41% ilvl! (I have been simming my gear, conduits, and everything for stat weights and all FYI)

How does that make sense?! I thought sub was supposed to be a single target spec?! I know assassin is more sustain but come on it shouldn’t be that huge of a difference in meta class balance that a warlock parsing much worse than me can outdps me easily!! Or at least give me some raid utility to compromise.

Thank you

The way parses work are based on the class (depending on how you select to read wow logs), so he was parsing badly for his class and you were parsing better for yours. That’s why he’s got such a poor parse and yours was a little better.

Parses they way you were reading them don’t equate to damage or output, but how you are doing vs your class spec and gear level.

I hope that I explained that in a way that makes sense, I really did skip a lot and tried to simplify it as much as possible.

Don’t worry so much about your parse number, instead look at what the rogues who’re performing well of your same class and spec and what they are doing. There is more to a “parse” than your individual output also, its also dependent on your raid team and how fast the boss is killed. Also parses are impacted by time on target, so if you have a lot of downtime during the boss fight, that looks bad on the parse, but may not mean you’re doing badly, just that you may be avoiding damage or doing mechanics, (really oversimplifying this).

Hope that helps a little with WCL, just remember its a tool you can use to get better at your class, rotation, and putting down damage, not a measuring stick because your raid is not the same comp / strat as the next guys so its not really practical to compare your self directly vs others of the same spec other than to see what they do better.

There is a replay feature in WCL that shows your positioning, timing on damage, kinda everything.

For more in depth, get on the WCL forum!

2 Likes

How does that make sense?! I thought sub was supposed to be a single target spec?!

Don’t feel bad, many of us thought that too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/lmo1zf/rogue_utility/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

2 Likes

Thanks that helps! :grin:

1 Like

One upon a time, sub was doing insane st damage into M zul by eviscerating every other global because it could fill cp with shuriken storm on adds,

Bliz got so insulted by a spec excelling in a very niche encounter they designed that they nerfed sub into irrelevance for the rest of the game.

2 Likes