Starting Pet Battles on Right Click

For the longest time I had no pets in my 3 battle pet slots which stopped me from engaging in pet battles with random critters when I accidently right clicked them. Somehow a pet managed to weasle into the Battle Pet Slot 1 and now I can’t figure out how to remove it.

Can someone please explain to me how to clear up the slot again or stop the “Engage in a Pet Battle” feature from right clicking on a critter. This is so annoying.

You will only engage in a battle with a critter that is marked for battles. If you are tracking battle pets then they will have a green paw above their head.

Also if you are far enough away from the critter that the green paw turns grey then they won’t engage the battle unless you move closer to them. So if you are just trying to kill them or /love them for the achievement, then you could do so from a distance OR at least know not to interact with that particular critter.

But I do not know of a way, right offhand, to remove a pet from your battle slot while leaving that slot blank. If I can find one, I will update this post.

EDIT: I was going to recommend the PetBattle Teams addon, but it does not appear to be working at all with the pre-patch.

Okay, I have found a method that should help with what you wish to do.

Load 3 low level pets into your battle slots. Go battle a higher level pet and let all 3 of your pets die. Do not heal them. So long as they stay dead, then a pet battle cannot be initiated.

1 Like

Hmm, k tx yea that seems like it would work but it seems absurd to me that I cant somehow just remove them from battle slots so I don’t get the interact symbol at all …

1 Like