Starting draenor questline help!

so i never started the wod questline on this character. i thought the warboard was supposed to have a trivial quest exclamation mark to get you started on the questline. instead im greeted by a choice of 3 options at lvl 50. the tanaan jungle option won’t take me to chromie time will it? i dont have shadowlands would that cause this? used to be it gave you a quest now it just has those boxes. what’s going on? i am confused. i don’t want chromie time.

You can’t get into Chromie Time once you hit level 50, so you don’t have to worry about that.

The Tanaan Jungle option should get you started on WoD.

ok so i click on enter dark portal and it gave me this quest which told me to speak to archmage khadgar which told me to go to dalaran in crystalsong forest which upon clicking on just sends me to go on portal there back to org in a infinitie loop of going to dalaran in crystalsong and then going to back to orgrimaar…wowhead mentions something about going to timeless isle…and something about a boat…im really confused.

You shouldn’t be going to Dalaran to get started on Warlords. And you don’t click on the Black Gate to get started with WoD, IIRC you talk to Khadgar in front of the gate & a cut scene plays after which you’re on the other side of the gate. If you don’t see Khadgar & a bunch of other Alliance & Horde in front of the gate, you need to talk to Zidormi at the passage between Blasted Lands and Swamp of Sorrows to change the Blasted Lands to the newer version.

The Timeless Isle is part of Legion & not anything to do with Warlords.

so i have to go to blasted lands then?

Timeless isle is part of MoP and contains a portal to Draenor.

I recommend taking your first character for each faction through the portal,in Blasted Lands just to see the opening quest line for WoD but once you have done it on a toon for each faction, there’s no point in repeating it unless you want the xp.

Off the SE corner of Timeless Isle in MoP is a pirate ship. On the coast, near the ship is an underwater cave.
In the cave are four chairs next to a blue fire.
Sit in a chair and click the fire.

You will be ported to an island off the coast of Gorgorond in MoP.
From the island, you can fly to the place where you would normally build your Garrison after completing the WoD quest line that you would normally get after entering the portal in Blasted Lands.

At your Garrison location will be the npc’s who will give you the quests to start building your Garrison.

1 Like

/facepalm I somehow got Timeless Isle confused with Broken Shore.

I didn’t know about the cave.

I keep getting it confused with the island were the Shadowpan dailies are. - lol.

I’m just going to point out that these days, that intro is worth a really nice chunk of XP. My level 30ish characters were getting 4-5 levels out of the intro. Once you’ve done it a few times, you can run through it pretty quickly so I’d say it’s worth it on any character that’s not already 50+. (In just the time it takes to do the Timeless Isle portal skip, you could be through a decent chunk of the intro.)

1 Like