Starter packs

Hello, MG! This post is aimed at players who are new to WoW in general and MG in particular. Starting fresh can feel very limiting, and I remember that feeling very well despite having been continuously subbed and active in-game for fourteen years.

So I would like to pay forward some of the kindness I’ve received over the years. If you are new to WoW and chose MG as your first realm, or if you’re a fresh reroll to MG, I would like to help. I am offering a couple things:

For new players:

(1) Four 30-slot bags
(2) 1500 gold
(3) Base mats for crafting professions and tools for crafting and gathering professions
(4) Six months of ongoing support in terms of learning the game and answering questions

For fresh rerolls:

(1) Four 30-slot bags
(2) 1000 gold

Conditions:

(1) Moon Guard Alliance players only, Exile’s Reach starting zone excluded
(2) Limit four new players per week
(3) Limit two rerolls per week
(4) One gift per player

If you are in one of those categories or know someone who is, send your requests via in-game mail to Rethélle.

Happy hunting!

23 Likes

I am in neither category but I just wanted to tell you how nice it was to read this. I’m sure you will make some new (or re-rolls) people very happy :blush:

3 Likes

Not a new player, but I just think that this is so awesome of you to do for people! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

No bites yet, but the night is still young, as the saying goes. My hope is that this blows up. I want to eventually have to actually buy tokens to be able to keep up.

Bring on the recipients!

5 Likes

Any ideas on where I can go to find folks for something like this? I haven’t seen a soul in Northshire in weeks.

Could try Dun Morogh or Teldrassil!

1 Like

Perhaps the spawn point for where people get dropped off after doing the Exile’s Reach thing. Since it’s where all the new players will be dropped off (right by SW gates) once they complete the last part of the newbie island. I usually pick that path (unless it’s not an option due to ally race) and I always see other level 10s get dropped there with me once I’m let back to the “real” world.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that since I never go to Exile’s Reach. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

This is one of the best things I’ve seen in recent weeks. It’s good to help new players out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be fun to RP this by setting up a ‘tent’ near the city gates, handing out starter kits for the new players. Like the Stormwind Tourist Bureau or something.

2 Likes

This is very creative and genuinely one of the coolest things I’ve seen spring up here. You’re awesome!

1 Like

This offer is still on the table, but I’ve only had one or two bites thus far. I’d rather not resort to spamming Trade with it, because the inevitable trolling would drive me to lunacy. So here’s hoping someone sees this post!

2 Likes

Thank you for helping this Moon Guard transplant out recently! <3

1 Like

Heyo! Hi five!

1 Like

Still looking for more people in need! Send 'em my way if you see 'em.

1 Like

You never know, you may have inspired others to do the same for new people :slight_smile: Either way it is still awesome.

Awesome! I used to take newbies on tours on my Vial of the Sand back in the day, using mage portals to traverse continents. One of them sent me a detailed mail explaining how I inspired her love for the game and stupidly enough I didn’t keep a permanent copy.

Anyways, keep it up and let me know if you come across any cloth wearers, as I got a ton of really good intel items for non-heirloom slots with some solid set bonuses (look up the Spiritmend set from Cata for example). My banker is Blackmug, so feel free to mail me in game. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going to bump this thread.

This offer is still on the table, but I have decided to see if I can manage to expand beyond simple starter packs. I’d like to do a whole range of services for people, but I would need significant assistance to put my plan into motion – I just don’t have the time to do it all by myself.

Basically, I envision this project as a sort of charitable organization, with as little gold generated from operations as possible going to overhead costs. I want to be able to bless as many people as possible, to try to push back against some of MG’s more toxic players.

I think we could all use a little bit more kindness in our lives.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t get on the forums very often, but if I can assist in any way with your vision I am online a lot and will do what I can!

Does a Void Elf qualify for this offer? I am mainly interested in the bags and the introductory rp, rerolling a Velf as the first character soon.