Start playing on Classic Era [Whitemane server] instead of WOTLK release 2022, #eramovement

So far one of the most interesting ideas so far that I have seen was how the community will decide on new content, and my favorite is a system similar to the one of OSRC, with player’s voting for what content is released next. Furthermore, if we use a system like that hopefully we can remove expansion’s from existence, and sorry but I have spent far too much money on World of warcraft in the last 15 years to say I want to see another expansion. Hopefully, this will create a loop from Community to Developers for content, But let’s go deeper.

Warcraft 3… More specifically Warcraft 3 editor, the Gary’s mod before Gary could mod, I spent countless hours playing around with this editor, the way that they made the interactions, the way they simplified creating cinematics all the way down the triggered events was simple enough that me at 11-15 years old, could create a semi-functioning new game mode, not to mention just creating towns affected with blight just for the fun of it.

In all fairness, I see this as a risky move for blizzard especially considering how Defence of the Ancients played out and became its own franchise, A double-edged sword if you would, the pros of this, in my opinion, is much greater because somebody creating out of interest and will, naturally is more enthusiastic, engaged and adventurous with what they are creating. Allowing the players to create and have freedom over the game assets in a non-live environment, I believe adds another layer of depth to the game, truly allowing one’s imagination to run to where it pleases.

Mods, and halo forge, for example, are good instances of the developers acknowledging and allowing such player freedom and creativity. Some of the best experiences I have had gaming was creating more depth to the world I am/was fond of, my imagination truly runs wild at the thought of the intricacies that could arise from thought out implementation of such mechanics in Post-classic

Do you remember when this was nearly a thing? I do, forget hardcore raiding or people who fulltime world of warcraft, When I was young and first started playing me and my friends I had roped into Wow had basically no idea or direction of what to do in the game naturally, so we done what most would do, we created our adventures, explored and got up to other generally light-hearted hijinx, an endeavor that these days would seem outlandish (dare I say from BC onwards) Most people would cringe or shudder at the thought of leisurely adventuring or interacting with other players unless it had some sort of in-game relevance. Why? well my friend hopefully I will touch on that before either I burn out writing this or you stop reading… that is if you are still reading.

I have read a few threads before of people wondering why Orgrimmar/Stormwind, end up being the go-to city’s eventually at end game most other cities become irrelevant; from either no quests or general impracticality of the city’s layout. But still, you will find people wanting another city to become their HUB regardless of there characters race, if the player for some reason has chosen another city they believe fits there “characters” story better then I think let it be, maybe even implement something to further that immersion.

a larger delve into all the Main city’s giving them more identity and purpose, making your chosen city be relevant simply because you have chosen it, yep simply because we have chosen, without getting too “rant-like” or “tangety”, The personal character “development” in the player’s mind is arguably the most important. If he or she, for example, played undead but decided after completing the barrens quests now feels more committed to that faction then let it be.

Wow drifted from the platform it was created in, with Warcraft being a tactical real-time strategy game, to world of warcraft becoming a very dungeon & dragon’esk adventure game then continuing as it did for the following decade or so.

Wow’s older audience would point out it was a no brainer to think that Dungeons and dragons was inadvertently inspiration for wow, the combat system is essentially a simplified version nearly identical to D&D combat, for anyone closer to my age un-aware of D&D how deep and intricate D&D can become, it is basically only limited by your imagination and Mental fortitude, and from what I understand how much paper and pen ink you can scrounge up.

I know it a farfetched idea to see Blizzard try to cater towards such an audience, rather than the turbo nerd hyper clicking fast past Wow of today, and the other side of the coin, the people who just want classic wow to be well… just classic.combine all of my points and add a little bit of that Classic imagination, dare to RP a little more and, I think Post-classic Wow could be an entirely new platform for of more in-depth RP-interactions, combat, area designs, and continuations of established and enjoyable mechanics to create a new and truly immersive World… of warcraft.

I’ll wrap this up here as I have burnt out a little, and cannot think of more of my “Wow Shower thoughts” I have dreamt up playing Wow for so long.

Thank you very much if you made it this far, I hope classic fill’s you with as much nostalgia as you can handle, May your drop rates be high, and your bag slots be higher.

yours sincerely, I’ve played Wow for too long.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ctorxw/phase_7_classic_wow/

the mankirk/pagle cluster actually has more population i have characters on both and would like to see the overall population improve

2 Likes

Mankrik pagle cluster is the only way to go

2 Likes

That does look good for those who prefer “normal” servers. Nice array of levelled characters across the board there. #eramovement