Standardize charms or standardize turnover

Nope. I was here participating on these forums, as Loncis, at the time. I was actually here when people complained about being caught off guard, not being told when the change was happening, and people being caught with a bunch of Shinies that were no longer useful.

It wasn’t about it being unpublicised. It was that it happened too quickly. I took less than a month off, and inside that month it was announced and implemented. Bad luck for me no doubt, but it didn’t need to happen on that accelerated a timeframe.

Everything always seems rushed. I know the money guys never give the development guys as much time as they would like to get things ready, but I think they could do better communicating things that directly require player action, earlier.

1 Like

I was here, too. I remember the multiple threads about the upcoming changes. I remember the stickied Blue post about the change nearly 2 months before the pre-patch. I remember the posts on WoWhead (I linked to two of them) about the change. The point being that there was plenty of notice available about the then upcoming change. If folks were choosing to ignore information regarding major changes (via an expansion) to the game they were playing, that was their fault.

The point is that there was plenty of notice available about the change back then. The OP of the thread, however, chose to assume that a similar change was happening again this time, despite there being absolutely no indication in the beta, posts from Blizzard, or information on WoWhead indicating the change was happening. They’re mad that Blizzard didn’t bother to confirm a negative.

Were you using a different name? I do not remember you.

I do remember threads about the upcoming changes, but no one had pinned down a specific date as to when this change was happening, and many were left in the lurch.

Again, I just decided to sink my Pet Charms, now Shiny Pet Charms, into blue stones and levelling stones at the right time, purely by coincidence. I’m guessing they decided to implement a new currency because the Zookeeper enchant was a mistake and we were making out like bandits.

And the ironic part is that we still are, even without Zookeeper. Even in the 15 days that I have since returned, without relying on any other resources other than the quests in BoA and Draenor, I’ve amassed over 1000 charms and various leveling stones and blue stones.

I’m experimenting to see how many I can collect over a month. I haven’t spent a thing except bandages.

That’s fine. I remember you.

System changes with an xpac always come with the pre-patch. I’ve also posted links to two articles about the change, one which implied it and one which specifically says it came with the pre-patch. I also remember discussions about it coming with the pre-patch - typically, “When do I have to spend my Pet Charms by?” posts.