Additional Stable Master Slots in SOD

SOD has been pretty fun for experimenting and trying new things. In this spirit of this, when it comes to hunter pets, why are we limited to 3 pets total? There was the addition of a handful of new pets (ie: wyvern, summonable beasts related to runes) and there’s obviously been a lot of pet scaling changes.

Could we have maybe…5 pet slots for QOL and customization purposes, given that there’s already so many QOL and custom changes made? Would be a dream, especially given the necessity to have to abandon and tame new pets just to keep up with new ability ranks as we go.

Edit: At present I can justify a reason for a fast AS cat, a slow AS cat, an owl/bat for prog or 40 man content, a wolf for dungeon solo content, a wind serpent. The corehound is cool, rather not have to abandon it also.

Maybe blizz could discover a way to give us 10 stable slots.

7 Likes

I think that this should be done 100 percent. Explained perfectly and it would only make sense for them to add a few more stable slots to be able to tame new pets and learn the new ranks with out having to juggle between 3 slots. Forced to get rid of pets you want long term. Really hope that more stable slots is something that blizz considers.

1 Like

With modern problems, there are modern solutions. Just go lone wolf rune and not have to worry about a pet :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Nah not everyone wants to be a loner lol

I like having pets, isn’t that the true purpose of a hunter? IMO it is lol Agree, 3 slots is not enough as it was found over time. If this is a new wow, then change some of the old out of the box classic fixings

I don’t know why they don’t allow a very large number of stable slots. Just have the gold cost be sizeable and then it can also act as a good sized gold sink.

Hey still looking for this change especially with the core hound pet addition. I think 5 stable slots and 1 active pet would be fair for most. I don’t see why it couldn’t be like 10 just for flavor. Flanking strike hunters want slower attack-speed pets, PVPers may want faster ones. Lot of justifiable reasons to have many different pets.

Yes, For the love of God, can we please get a few more stable slots, I mean even 1 would be good, but 3 is just honestly not enough slots, actually its more like 2 because 1 is active. Please please please give us a few additional slots.

the craziest part about this, is how months later and numerous hunters feeling the same Blizzard hasnt made any changes in the last few phases with no plans to do so in the future. They made it so certain pets need to be tamed in order to get higher ranks of a specific ability yet only give you 3 slots to do so, which youd need for the main pets whos stats youre trying to implement. Then they bring in the core hound in phase 3, An additional pet and STILL keep the slots at 3. Why is blizzard such a garbage company when it comes to listening to their paying player base.

It is sad that the pet I leveled with to 50 has to be abandoned to make room for the big 3 (Serpent, Hound, Cat)

Theres gonna be devilsaur rune to tame it at lvl 60, i guarantee and bet all my money on it.

Screencap and reply back to this phase 4.

The stable slots bottleneck was already bad in vanilla, I remember painfully releasing one of my best friend pets as a kid.
But in SoD it’s even worse because we always need an open slot for future phases.

Yea since they made the wyvern tamable I had the same thought, rune or not, they will probably be tameable. It doesn’t really make sense to release all this stuff and force max 3 pets.