Squirt Day Battle Teams

With a squirt day fast approaching, I have been looking at teams to use to level a “few” pets. I don’t have the Darkmoon race zep yet, and was wondering what team/teams you use that have little to no down time, so that im not blowing pet Band-Aids after each match.

I would like a team that could be “reused” till the pet heal comes off cooldown, or have multiple teams to get me to the pet heal reset timer.

Or does the starts listed on wowhead and other pages get the job done?

Look at xu-fu’s website ( www dot wow-petguide dot com ) for a lot of different team ideas. it is a really good resource. I prefer the fastest method: s/s bronze dragon with widget.

On the topic of heals: Lio the Lioness is right there at squirt and can heal your team as many times as you want after you have been online for at least 3 mins. You don’t need to wait on the heal timer.

1 Like

Enchanted Brook and Boneshard has gotten me through probably 500 fights with squirt with no RNG and around I think 70 seconds per fight. Nothing comes close to this consistency.

2 Likes

Antitheists is correct. The Enchanted Broom (2,2,2)/Boneshard (2,2,2) combo is easily the fastest and most reliable.

Start with Enchanted Broom.
Sweep (Deebs is pushed out; Puzzle comes in.)
Switch to Carry Pet (can be level one) Puzzle uses Dodge on his first turn, so your carry pet is perfectly safe.
Switch to Boneshard; use Bonestorm
Bonestorm
Bonestorm
Switch back to Enchanted Broom (or you can Pass, and Boneshard will die on his own; then bring in Enchanted Broom).
Wind-Up
Wind-Up (Puzzle dies)
Deebs comes in. Use Batter. Deebs dies.
Tyri comes in. Use Batter. Tyri dies.
Done.

1 Like

Back when I was timing it, the enchanted broom + boneshard was slightly slower than the bronze whelp + widget combo. BW/Widg is 1 turn less and doesn’t have the time consuming bonestorm animation, which adds up over long periods of time. I can’t speak to the reliability, but I haven’t had it fail yet either (it might have failed for me once before I started recording notes, but I am not certain and I didn’t take notes back then), so both were the same reliability for me. I’ve only gotten a little over 300 attempts on it though, so I’m not sure that is enough data for reliability to be accurate.

1 Like

Bronze Whelp is slightly faster, it but requires a specific breed of whelpling, which is where most people get blocked, as the Whelpling is extremely hard to farm, so getting the right breed can be extremely expensive.

So I stick to the Boneshard strat I posted on wowhead that people posted above.

As for the OP: You shouldn’t need to use bandages. The NPC literally right next to Squirt can heal your pets.

Squirt day is such a dirty term for such an innocuous event.

Depends on how you do it. Most people pass when Boneshard doesn’t have any more Bonestorms off CD, and wait for him to die.

You take one less turn if you swap in Enchanted Broom and let Boneshard drop dead in the backline.

Man I wish we could disable attack animations like you can in pokemon. Speeds up battles so much

1 Like

Yep yep, i was comparing the swap method to BW/Widget.

1. Sweep (Deebs is pushed out; Puzzle comes in.)
  2. Switch to Carry Pet (can be level one) Puzzle uses Dodge on his first turn, so your carry pet is perfectly safe.
  3. Switch to Boneshard;
  4. use Bonestorm
  5. Bonestorm
  6. Bonestorm
  7. Switch back to Enchanted Broom
  8. Wind-Up
  9. Wind-Up (Puzzle dies)
  10. Deebs comes in. Use Batter. Deebs dies.
  11. Tyri comes in. Use Batter. Tyri dies.

vs BW/Widget

1. Tail Sweep
  2. Tail Sweep
  3. Tail Sweep
  4. Tail Sweep
  5. Early Advantage
  6. Spectral Strike
  7. Swap to carry
  8. Swap back to widget
  9. Prowl
  10. Spectral Strike

That smaller number of steps + avoiding the slow bonestorm animations usually saved me 15+s per attempt, which over a lot of battles added up. Both strats are good and to be honest, the bonestorm one is easier to do without having to keep focus. I was just saying that the widget one worked out to be faster for me was all.

1 Like

I really hope they did not nerf it. They way they been lately it would not surprise me.

1 Like

I have tried the Bronze Whelp and Widget. It is much better than Broom Bonestorm.
Takes about 1:15 or so and is flawless even if crits happen for or against.

1 Like

Edit: Bad strat is bad

With the Safari hat on, it’s 2 fights from 1-25, that’s insane! Nice Xmas prezzy :smiley:

How long will Squirt be around?

That’d be a nice strategy if it didn’t rely on hitting a 50% Nocturnal Strike on Turn 6 :confused:

This is okay, but it seems to fail as often as it succeeds.

I’ve done this at least ten times, and Puzzle has never died on turn 10. Usually, he survives with exactly two health, and due to his racial innate as a humanoid, that’s all he needs to start building up. He then uses his forced swap which makes him avoid your next attack, then Dodge, which also lets him avoid the next attack. He then kills the Fledgling Warden Owl.

Another possible mishap occurs at Step 9. Since the weather is already Darkness, then there’s a chance that Call Darkness will not hit Puzzle, in which case, he will easily survive the following Nocturnal Strike and kill the Fledgling Warden Owl, and your carry pet.

Yeah that strat isn’t that great actually.

Ikky + Grotesque works with a 90% success chance…

That’s not the problem, Tyri sets the weather to Darkness.

I’m off to find a Bronze Whelpling, for now this is the best strat I could get with my 180 pets:

Turn 1: Black Claw
Turn 2: Flock
Turn 3: Flock -> Deebs dies, Tyri comes in
Turn 4: Flock
Turn 5: BClaw & Ikky dies -> Grotesque
Turn 6: Ghostly Bite (90% - crucial if your carry is lvl 1), Tyri dies
Turn 7: Swap in carry
Turn 8: Swap in Grotesque
Turn 9: Shadow Strike (90% but if it misses, or doesn’t take him below 1050, just Agony again next turn and continue to bite after that, he’ll die turn 12 to agony as he dodges)
Turn 10: Ghostly Bite, Puzzle dies*^

It’s pretty fast, and the flock turns let you take your attention away for a little bit longer than usual too. Just that one dang 90% turn messing things up…

I rather like lowering the broom on Squirt’s team. Especially as the Broom comes in to clean up.

After Puzzle falls to Wind-Up, Deebs comes in and you can finish him off with Batter or you can demoralize him completely by hitting him with Sweep a second time, which will kill him. Then Tyri comes in, having been all but demolished by Boneshard, and Batter will finish him off before he even gets started.

I went with the broom/carry/boneshard strategy. That is AFTER I had to win using boneshard as carry permit because he was only level 10. Once I had the strategy down, it worked like a charm. I just wish I’d had more time because I worked all day, and had to work early this morning so I didn’t get much time.

Be on the lookout for Sir Galveston this week, who appears in Dalaran. He is also repeatable. He can also be used to level pets. The only drawback is that the pet healer (Lio the Lioness and Serrah, depending on faction) are in the Pet Menagerie and not right at hand, unlike Squirt in the Garrison.

Bring bandages to save time. Lots of them.

Here’s the strat you need, which will work even with a level one carry pet.

All you need is a P/S Court Scribe (purchasable with 500 gold from Veridis Fallon in Azsuna, at Revered rep), a carry pet (any level at all) and a P/S Scourged Whelpling (easily capturable in Icecrown in Northrend).

Round 1: Curse of Doom
Round 2: Arcane Blast
(Sir Murkeston is swapped out and replaced by Coach before Arcane Blast goes off.)
Round 3: Amplify Magic (Coach performs Lift-Off before Amplify Magic goes off.)
Round 4: Arcane Blast (repeat Arcane Blast until Coach is dead)
(When Coach is dead, Sir Murkeston comes back in and is immediately swapped back out in favor of Greatest Foe.)
Next Round: Arcane Blast (Greatest Foe will kill you before it goes off.)
Next Round: Swap in Carry Pet
Next Round: Swap in Scourged Whelpling
Next Round: Call Darkness
Next Round: Dreadful Breath; repeat until Greatest Foe and Sir Murkeston are dead.

1 Like

2x MPDs (Mechanical Pandaran Dragonlings) never fails, but occasionally some Call Darkness misses will allow extra aoe rounds from Tyri, and lvl 1 pets may not make it. leveled 100 pets in my queue yesterday (also using stones if they hit 23-24), but everything was lvl 3 or higher

Xu-fu has this one listed as well.

1 Like