Squirrels and Rabbits need better homes

I’m not sure if this is just a case of these animals being complete idiots or what, but it seems some of the local wildlife in Stormwind has a death-wish when it comes to where they’re storing their food. I have been trying out rotations and what not, and it seems three critters continue to pop up around the “Raider’s Training Dummy”, which is of course getting them killed instantly.

It’s also killing my excitement when I see my DPS is 34k. “Wow, I can probably do a mythic +2 key with these numbers”, is my thought, until I see my top attack Blade Rush just whacked some Rabbit for 6 million damage.

Yes, I understand I can relocate my training efforts elsewhere, but this is more about doing the right thing and giving these poor creatures a chance to survive elsewhere. Please clear -all- training sections of any critters/battle pets. We do not have these during raids/dungeons, so they shouldn’t be around training dummies either.

3 Likes

Soooo game behavior models RL for squirrels and rabbits?

Given how often squirrels run out in front of my car, suicide squirrels in game sounds right.

1 Like

I agree. Let’s provide the Squirrels and bunnies and rats better homes!

And remove them from training areas where they mess up damage meters-I mean can get hurt!

I remember when I was still pretty new to the game and one of the first times I pressed Whirlwind, in the Hinterlands I think, I ended up murdering a rabbit and I felt awful.

But of course, it’s a bunch of pixels but man, RIP Pixel Rabbit.

1 Like

You are what you eat…and de squirrels? Dey be nuts…

1 Like

Or maybe the Alliance could not be such monsters, and stop attacking the target dummy and chase the squirrels and rabbits away before incinerating them…

Damage done should cap at whatever HP the target has… If you’re level 60, item level 250, and you hit a 20 HP critter with your biggest attack, it should only register 20 damage.

A lot of the training dummies are badly implemented in general.

• In Stormwind there are critters running around, and if one of your attacks hits a critter, it will completely throw off your DPS, making the dummy useless.
  • In Sinfall (Revendreth) the target dummies are too close together, making them useless for testing single-target DPS on any class that includes AoE or cleave as part of its rotation (I.e. Frost DK). And there is room to place them farther apart, they would just have to move some decoration props out of the way.
  • Target dummies from old expansions have their levels set to that expansion’s max level, making them useless for DPS testing on level 60 characters.

To find a good target dummy for testing single target DPS (I.e. level 60, and away from anything else that could get hit) as a Venthyr, I had to go to Ironforge.

1 Like