[Spy][Blizzard] Remove “Stealth” from combat logging

-Firstly, Spy is not against TOS. While I would like it completely broken, breaking Spy would break other actual ethical addons since it uses the combat log. I suggest removing Stealth from combat logging in the game itself if this is a reasonable compromise.

This add-on has created many situations where It is actually preferable to not stealth as it alerts everyone in range, not stealthing will not. It goes without saying you still need to be “found”. Should not using a core class ability because of an add-on be acceptable? Spy is partially breaking the intention and use of 2 classes core ability. Should we play our class and game around an add-on?

-edit-
Everyone this is meant to be a constructive thread. Please keep inflammatory or troll responses to yourself. State arguments / counter arguments clearly and with support, thank you!

4 Likes

Flagging as spam. You already have the exact same topic posted.

4 Likes

Other one has been removed for more visibility on the “general” forum. Thank you.

1 Like

No it hasn’t…

2 Likes

You mean like caster buffs? Yeah, those trip spy too.

Get over it. Combat log has always shown that stuff since back in vanilla.

2 Likes

Ok, so you had 3 topics about it, now you have 2.

Still spam.

Also, as I posted in the other thread…

No.

Spy is fine. The whining is ROFL-worthy.

Need to go add to the downloads of it, even though I will never use it because I will never PvP.

1 Like

The dynamic of stealth is that your enemies are meant to not be aware of your presence. An argument of “other stuff” trips spy so “everything” should trip spy is not a good one.

2 Likes

Stealth always tripped the combat log. I kept it open in its own window in Vanilla for that express purpose of seeing rogues/druids in my area.

That’s the point. It was always there. Spy simply makes an auditory warning just like DBM makes one for boss abilities that you can see in chat/combat log.

If you don’t want to trip it, enter stealth from far away.

1 Like

Remove stealth from the game

3 Likes

I’m not debating if it’s been there since vanilla or not, I know it has. The point I’m making is to remove it for stated reason.

1 Like

#nochanges

3 Likes

#nochanges

2 Likes

lol troll on.

1 Like

I agree stealth should be removed from combat logging. I also think all enemy actions, unless withing really close range should be removed from the combat log. A person should not know what the enemy is doing unless he can see him doing it.

1 Like

Oh, God. The crying that would ensue.

No, reroll if you don’t like it.

Did you really need to bump this like the people from two days ago didn’t know that?

You’re must be “that one guy” in guild chat who tells everyone the answer to a question after it has been said already by 7 other people scrolling up.

1 Like

You know, just like every undead rogue have been saying to alliance whiners lateley about wPvP, I will say to you that you can reroll or quit if you are not happy.

Stealth seen in combat log is part of the game as much as being rolled 10 to 1 on a PvP server.