SPY ADDON Removal Entirely

Then all players should have there log open and be reading it 24 -7 then, they should not have it Automated with a Pop up radar and targetable buttons!

2 Likes

I would prefer the game to stay as it was in vanilla, including all the addon functionality that was available in vanilla.

Spy or anything like it was not out in 2004

The specific addon might not have existed in Vanilla, but that’s not what I said. I said I would prefer that addon functionality stay the same as it was in Vanilla.

1 Like

I would prefer the game in its box state, addon free.

3 Likes

No one is forcing you to use any addons.

Here is my dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bir9tmvuawviypg/Radar-1.0.zip?dl=1

Here is the one (of them) that I was using:

Radar 1.00
by Awen

Thanks: Quendari for his TargetLog which inspired me to develop Radar
http://iceup.cable.nu/stasis/forums/show/20.page

Radar is a enemy detection system. It monitors the combat log and list any active players around you in a window. It is designed for PVP so you have good idea of the number and the classes you encountered in a combat. It only detect hostile players.

Features:

• Color coded. Red means the enemy has been active in the past 30 seconds. Light red means the enemy has been active in the past 60 seconds. Gray means the enemy is dead or hasnt been active in past 5 minutes.
  • Click to select. Clicking the enemy in the window will have you select the enemy as your target.
  • Mouseover detection. Detect the enemy when you mouse over them.
  • Class detection. Detect the class from skills they use in the combat log.

Change Log

2005.06.22 version 1.0

Note: Blizzard has broken the target API since then.

2 Likes

I have had it pick up players on mouseover though, within range. It will pick them up and put them in the nearby box so you can then click on their player name and target them.

I personally don’t care for the add on, I think it gives lazy / bad players more situational awareness. To each their own.

edgelord data manipulators don’t really want to play the game. The game to them is the technological advantages, not actual gameplay. The game to them IS addons. This is why they are crying about addons so much, because they need addons. They cannot play the game without them.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/nnwVNui.png

1 Like

Created ‎6/‎22/‎2005 ‏‎1:28 PM a year after the Launch, we are 3 months in! ban it for the next 9 months then!

1 Like

You know how many times the spy addon has saved my life running the BRM guantlet? Exactly 0 times. All i get is a bunch of beep sounds before getting wrecked by 15 horde.

I agree, people use this addon to be lazy and to counter good in game actions!

2 Likes

I use it, it has saved my bcon many many mny times as i walk up on an area and The alert goes berserk and I see 2 mages and a Warlock dismounting.

I still hate it

I can’t stealth…most I can do is pop perception to maybe get a charge off before getting stun locked.

Found the rogue main, pally alt

Yes, you are the exact reason I hate the addon, as if you seen them over the hill you could possible use an invisibility pot or hide in the trees, or take UnderWater breathing Staff and hide in the water waiting for them to pass by.

But with SPY it automatically counters all your in game decisions by Alerting them you are near!

2 Likes

WoW Classic is built using patch 1.12 , which was released on August 22, 2006.

Short summary: The capability existed back in original Wow and the capability still exists in Retail.

Addendum:

I’m at a loss:

1 Like

I did this since first started heading into contested zones around level ~20 all the way to 60.

And then my friends introduced me to Spy maybe like 2 weeks ago? I tried it; didn’t like it at first. But kept at it. I now love it simply because my screen doesn’t need a spamming combat log at the bottom right corner anymore. Now it has the Spy window which is simple and compact. The other thing too is, I actually don’t use the click feature that Spy offers to target alliance. My mouse is always centered in the middle of my screen; plus I dislike clicking.

What I’m getting at is using Spy or the combat log made no difference for me in terms of tracking alliance. I can’t speak for others, but if you force 100 Spy users to turn it off and use the combat log for a day, I wonder if they will give you the same feedback I just did above?

In the end, for me, it’s screen preference. I really like my screen clean and free of clutter. I have a dominoes bar at the bottom center of my screen, sized at 50%. It’s only there to show me my important cooldowns. The rest of my spells are invis’d.
So you might understand why I say I like Spy way more than combat log.

1 Like

Perfect example of how Spy is cheating is when you’re in a tunnel 50yd underground and enemy players auto-detect you.

2 Likes