Spriest in DF - Bad again?

i hate anytime they do this with aoe spells.
imagine having to fill a bar before fan of knives or casting blizzard.

7 Likes

Charge costing Rage instead of generating it

Sun fire consuming 25 astral power to hit more than one target.

2 Likes

…before fan of knives or channeling blizzard.

I realized today that Mind Sear is just like old Frost Mage Blizzard, having to stand there and channel for AOE. I can’t think of any other ranged caster that has to do this anymore…

5 Likes

After that Blue post I lost hope for the spec. If it gets better later on in DF I’ll play it but I am not taking those chances like I kept doing in SL.

3 Likes

Which blue post specifically? I havent seen it. Do you mind saying what you dont like?

I like Affliction and healing. Im hoping Priest fits the bill.

Shadow is looking strong. As someone that also likes Aff and having the ability to heal I am planning on maining spriest come DF

2 Likes

Good or bad I don’t know.

But what I do know is playing a shadow priest is a lot tougher in pvp than the rogue I originally wanted to main in Dragonflight. The main difference is a rogue doesn’t need to waste keybinds on self casts. I have so many spells combined to one key, and no… I’m not talking about stupid SWIFTY macros. I’m talking about heals and damage spells on a single keybind with different modifiers like ALT or SHIFT so I can cast on myself. And then I need to heal others which doesn’t require the modifier.

Sheesh…

This is definitely not a beginner class or for someone returning after a nearly two year break looking to get back into the swing of things quickly.

Almost makes me want to go back to the ezmode sub rogue LOL.

2 Likes

Oh really? then create some guides because we are missing something only you found, because 99.99% don’t agree with that, especially those who play warlock affliction and knows how strong and well designed they are.

I love when people make up numbers that don’t support anything.

What’s wrong with shadow in DF?

The playstyles suck. But you think damage is the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying the playstyle on beta :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Excuseme?, do you want me to show you all the problems in all the posts already made? don’t be lazy, there are MANY threads talking about the problems, you just need to read. I’m not even going to read what you write from now on, because you just confirmed to me that you only commented without any basis, that is, troll.

3 Likes

Yes. You made the claim now back it up.

It’s not being lazy. You made the claim and need to back it up.

Also credibility matters.

I have been playing on the beta. Not saying shadow is perfect but it’s farm from the crying you’re claiming.

You’re the one who can’t answer a simple question therefore you are the troll.

2 Likes

Honestly, the only change I want for shadow is for the apparition talents to be where VE/DA is. Other than that I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Finally played around with Shadow on the beta. Overall it’s a lot more enjoyable to play than in Shadowlands.

The way you deal AOE damage is a lot better. You just Dark Void and Shadow Crash immediately after and everything is dotted. Mind Sear still sucks to use, but is what it is. I just don’t like the 30s cd on everything. It’s counter productive on chain pulling, especially if you’re blowing through normal and heroic dungeons.

The biggest change is the spec doesn’t feel boring to play outside of the whole PI + Void Form shenanigans before where you could only deal damage every 2 minutes. Mind Spike alone changes up how you play a lot.

The biggest complaint I have is with button bloat. Dark Void and Shadow Crash basically do the same exact thing (AOE apply dots), but they’re two separate abilities. Also I had to slot in Mind Spike, Mind Games, Angelic Feather, and Void tendrils.

That’s 6 extra buttons.

4 Likes

This is honestly my biggest worry as well. I really want to main shadow and off spec disc, but shadow has so many more keybinds and I have no idea where to put them all especially for spells that do exactly the same thing, I don’t get it.

The biggest headache was trying to slot everything in a way so it didn’t confuse me because I play Holy as well and my brain is used to pressing certain keys for the same abilities between specs.

1 Like

I felt the same way. Once i had everything on my bars I was like, whoa… this is a lot. I did enjoy the playstyle for the most part. Our AoE could be improved combining AoE Apply Dots + Shadow Crash for 1 button. Mind Sear, is still awful. Stand to Channel, and cost insanity. Dp seemed to do most of our Damage, and from what i could tell, you don’t double cast it either. I Also Wish Vampiric Embrace was on constantly like it used to be to make us a real support class.

2 Likes

12345QERTFGZXCVM.1M.2
shift+ all the above.

No gaming mouse required.

34 key binds. More than enough before getting into ctrl

1 Like