Spriest CLUNKY!

Has anyone ever take the time to look at some of the shadow priest passive and skills to see the whole point behind it.

Auspicious spirits… no meaning no point behind the 1 insanity… is it supposed to be 10 and someone miscode it for 1.

The whole thought process behind shadow priest dmg is shadow priest is so bad and at the bottom of the dps chart single and aoe. Shadow priest really have no big burst dmg like other class. Where are the dmg buff??? As in it says “INCREASED DMG for a duration of time…” Every other class have some what of a buff that allows them to go into burst mode. Void Eruption is so bad. You use it just to make your rotation far worst than it already is with this whole new build. Idol of Y’Shaarj is a joke dmg tree… mindbender 5% dmg. Idol of C’thun is also pointless during lust phase since you never have the time to mindflay if you are spamming mindblast or busy using void bolt/mind spike or DP. Idol of Yogg is a long wait for dmg to appeared and it always appeared at the wrong timing of the fight. Idol of N’zoth just doesn’t do any dmg. The word chance to do dmg is horrible.

1 Like

My only complaint about the cookie cutter Single Target build AND the AoE build is Insanity generation is WAY too slow.

In PUG dungeons and PVP most encounters are over before you can even build your resources up to do proper damage….

Yea thats true…other class can out dps spriest in many ways of aoe or single. Guess spriest is only good for boss fight with us…

shadow is great, if you have a really good PI buddy lol

Though I do think shadow priest is a bit clunky, the more I play it the more I enjoy it.

One gripe I have that doesn’t get mentioned is coalescing shadows, particularly the following 2 talents Puppet Master/Harnessed Shadows.

I feel like these talents are completely useless because even if you took them you would almost never get to 3 stacks each time you need to mind blast dump. So all you’re really using it for is the 10% extra dot damage which you get no problem from the original proc of Coalescing Shadows off 1 stack.

I just don’t understand the redundancy of taking 2 talents to increase RNG proc chance for extra damage on mind spike/blast when you’ll never be able to utilize it in any situation fully.

There is other redundant things about shadow priest but I wanted to put this one out there as the others have been mentioned before.

Yea spriest need a chance on aoe…too. Their aoe is garbage when you compare it to other class that can pull the same dmg/dps without having to use cd.