(Spoilers)Can we retcon Zovaal yet?

Well, the music in Sholazar Basin is shamelessly cribbed from Enhasa

1 Like

The Kingdom of Zeal was the inspiration for Sholazar Basin’s Music!?

I know Zelda OoT swiped Arabic Music for all of it’s Temples but never knew that WoW drew inspiration for it’s Music

We never should have even got Zovaal. Ner’zhul should have been the big bad for Shadowlands.

Yes, I know they wrote some dumb story about Arthas conquering Ner’zhul for the artifact weapon, but they should have just retconned that to saying Ner’zhul just wanted him to think he had won but was still secretly manipulating him. Instead, after all that buildup going back to Outland, Ner’zhul is just some cheap throwaway boss in SoD.

I also hate the idea of the “Pantheon of Death.” It was out of no where and cheapened the idea of the Pantheon of Order forever. The First Ones are also pretty lame, even if we don’t know much about them, the concept cheapens the seriousness of everything in the game (It’s all just a 3D printed universe! yay!).

1 Like

Yea my ideal scenario is that Nzoth actually drove us insane and susceptible to his visions during the encounter and our player characters were actually stuck in nialotha feeding nzoth while he labored to merge nialotha and Azeroth, while restoring the other old gods. That kamehameha and onward was just a vision he has been putting us through.

Could have azshara awaken us and we discover that the world is just in shambles
 I would think the story arc could be amazing if the last bastion of hope is the dragon isles where the dragon flights and the horde/alliance remains are gathered for an Alamo like last stand. We would have to take our world back zone by zone like risk to finally push out nialotha and the other resurrected old gods so that we can buy time for velen and his space ship to first convince the pantheon to help and to figure out how to unleash the beast Sargeras to help us defeat the old gods even if we might have to drive that big sword further in to kill the world soul.

2 Likes

Not really. They are just a straight up copy of Lovecraft. It’s not even dressed up or done in a clever way aside from rearranging some letters. Blizzard needs to move beyond madness/corruption being the driving force behind their villains and that is all the old gods are known for. Leave them dead.

Why would we all have the same vision of going to the afterlife and doing all the things we’re doing there? Makes no sense at all. Wouldn’t our madness make us turn on each other like it does to all other WoW characters that it happens to?

There is no dream sequence or hallucinations that can explain this all away without being terribly contrived or just flat out nonsensical.

Who is saying we all had the same vision? wow is played at the point of view of your character

So all of the characters I’m interacting with in the shadowlands are a product of my madness and all of the characters I was fighting nzoth with are all having their own unique hallucinations. How do I know they are real and not a nightmare I’m stuck in by Xavius?

See how silly this can get?

I had to google that because I thought you were talking about the Titan.

Interesting. After reading up the mythology, I think your train of thought is actually completely spot on. And his giant clock that ticks down to doom in his lair makes more sense in that context.

The six forces that pointed towards a seventh, and yet denied it. For a long while I considered this seeming contradiction no more than another variable. An unknown waiting to be solved.

But the song of the oracle continued to reverberate in my consciousness. And as I was allowed my focus to soften, my grip upon the tangible to loosen, the geometry took shape in my mind.

It was both six AND seven. The six were one, and the seventh the other.

Did they desire union? The song seemed to say otherwise. Both were, yet only one could be.

The melody shifted. I shuddered at the shape it took.

This was not a variable to be solved. It was a solution awaiting its opportunity.

The song must not be allowed to end.

Mysterious Whisper whispers: Night falls. Her song will end.
Mysterious Whisper whispers: Her whispers echo loudest of all.
Mysterious Whisper whispers: The cracks widen

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Uu'nat?so=search#Quotes

N’Zoth whispers: The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Il%27gynoth#Quotes

Il’gynoth whispers: At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

The Nathrezim Journal:

The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst.

I believe we can leverage their vast reach to position them as a foil against our other rivals.

We remain wary, though. Since they are observant of multiple outcomes, it is conceivable they could anticipate our coming.

Night is coming and already at least one(Denathrius) of the 6 Mouths singing the Song of Light has been unchained.

Considering Winter Queen’s Sister is considered the Night Warrior it is likely that both her and the Winter Queen also count among the 6 Mouths of Night. Elune is considered the origin of Xe’ra which means Xe’ra is also a Mouth. Azshara calls herself the Light of Lights, the Light of the Moon and the Light of a Thousand Moons
 She too is a Mouth of Night

Furthermore it is stated that the White Lady ascends out of the Well of Eternity which we know is a wound in Azeroth unleashed by Y’Shaarj(fun fact: the Light in Draenei is Sha) so Night could have possessed Azshara from the Well itself unshackling yet another chain!

Xe’ra was Night’s 3rd Death heralding the Gods’ coming

The Winter Queen, the Night Warrior, Y’Shaarj, Denathrius, Xe’ra and Azshara. 4 Singing Mouths are unchained(with the fall of Xe’ra heralding the unchaining of the rest)
 2 more to go

1 Like

So what is the likelihood they get Metzen to become a very part time writer and bail them out of this mess?

Have him napkin write some stuff for each patch while he’s on the beach or whatever

Id rather have Go’el Go’el Go’el than whatever it is we have now.

1 Like

1 Like

“It’s a good thing they gave me these sigils, better safe with me than in a vault with guards! Let’s just hope I don’t trip or something so the Jailer’s forc–”

Trips

The six are likely the six realms, not actual people.

It sounds like my theory about the out-of-universe reasoning for this complicated cosmology is starting to look and more likely - they simply created this complicated structure to knock it all down and unify it, both to build up the scale of the threat (because you can’t top Sargeras without making up new lore) as well as bring everything into one realm so that we can go to those places and quest there or raid them for loot without having to jump through hurdles to do so like we had to in order to go to the Shadowlands.

Zovaal has cracked the barrier separating the alternate planes of existence from the mortal plane. The barrier probably falls and this will kick off the whole Light vs Void war taking place on Azeroth.

RIP Dragon Isles head-canon.

1 Like

Based off this:

I think your theory may be close.

This looks great! thanks : D