(Spoilers) Shadows Rising Canonizes Pairing!

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/07/07/fairshaw/

Apparently, Flynn Fairwind and Mathias Shaw are a couple in this book. This confirms that Fairshaw is now a canonical pairing!

30 Likes

PIRATE KING - SPY MASTER POWER COUPLE?!?!?

Nice.

3 Likes

Flynn Fairwind can do so much better than Shaw.

9 Likes

Hm.

Well, it’s cute and I want more Shaw/Flynn escapades like stealing the scepter.

But I really liked the dynamic the story had set up between Flynn and Taelia.

Oh well, I suppose they’re sweeping clear the path for Taelia to get hooked up with Anduin.

…And I suppose it’s fitting for the end of the Kul Tiran / Zandalari navy expansion to be so chock full of shipping.

13 Likes

Nonsense. Taelia is going to hook up with Sky Admiral Rogers. Her love and compassion will help Rogers heal from her grieving over Southshore and forgive the Horde. The two will get married in Orgrimmar.

2 Likes

Not if I ask him out first.

5 Likes

No, no. They’re going to get married in the Undercity’s Apothecarium (after it gets cleaned up) in a symbolic gesture that represents Rogers’ forgiveness for the destruction of Southshore.

4 Likes

They did it, I didn’t actually think they’d do it. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

This 100% is what happened I believe.

Apperently gay potential is strong enough to trump Blizzard’s human/elf obsession.

3 Likes

That’s gotta be the saddest thing so far.
I was rooting so hard for Flynn and Taelia… my heart just broke. :broken_heart:
He had so many hints and dialogue about Taelia that this thing with Matthias comes out of nowhere.

14 Likes

Gay potential is the only thing that can stop human potential.

1 Like

Well it is two humans. So it is still human potential trumping elf potential apperently :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds neat however I can’t help but feel this doesn’t work enough for this type of relationship. :thinking:

edit: Given that this is supposed to be more of a horde story and should have the romance within the horde for this story.

I wanted Flynn x Taelia too. I’m sad now.

7 Likes

This is probably what I’m most glad for. I was almost betting on Valeera getting the Windrunner treatment.

I wonder if Valeera is Shaw’s okoge? :thinking:

2 Likes

Get it Shaw lol.

I didn’t see this coming, nor did I see the Shaw Taelia thing. Clearly I’m blind.

1 Like

I mean, Flynn being Taelia’s gay best friend is pretty great too.

We better get a scene of Flynn giving her boy advice.

7 Likes

Not what I wanted. Don’t tell me how to feel about it.

1 Like

Too late for that, homie.