[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

when will jaina be the alliance warchief

Jaina has repeatedly been touted as one of the bright spots of the expanaion.

Thus her character needed to be put back in her place.

Just like Yrel

1 Like

The moment she stands in front of all the Covenants in the Shadowlands and declares that everyone is free. With Anduin clapping in the crowd with Sylvanas hugging him tightly. Calia is in the background giving her a thumbs up.

Just wait until Dreadlord Jaina is actually put into the game.

Then we come back to them 30 years later and Jaina is a tyrant and Sylvanas/Nathanos mourns their clearly now insane bestie

Jaina is actually Yrels wife in this timeline and while Yrel is making everyone a Light zombie, Jaina is turning everyone into an arcane cannon if they refuse Yrels gift.

This is the only part Iā€™m reading. I accept this new canon.

2 Likes

I miss Varian.

At least he went out with a bang.

Though I gotta say, I fully expect Andiun to be one of the only leaders to get an arc with a departed soul on the Alliance side.

Velen seeing Nuuri would be cool, but also not seeing her would also be amazing because that means she might not be dead. Nuuri might be Manā€™ari for all we know and be the bridge in reintroducing them into Draenei society :wink:

2 Likes

Itā€™s cute that you think anyone not a human will be getting any serious story time

2 Likes

Itā€™s so weird to think back and realize that the entire lead-up into Battle for Azeroth was marketed on the backs of three female ā€œWarbringersā€,

Jaina, whose entire arc had nothing to do with Nā€™Zoth aside from her standing around in Nazjatar for a little bit.
Sylvanas, who randomly quit the expansion halfway through.
And Azshara, who showed up out of nowhere and stopped mattering just as fast.

With Talanji just kind of chilling out on the sidelines.

1 Like

My hope is stubborn! Also I really wanna know where she is. Like, hardcore. I just want Velen to be happy :sob:

That and are you suuuuuurrree you want literally any Draenei to have Blizzards focus in any sense of the word?

velen seems to have come out fine from legion??

1 Like

As a person that loved the Argus patch, yeah? I absolutely loved everything about Velen in Legion.

Sure Argus could have been an expansion on its own, but for what they gave? I am 100% happy.

Blizzard gave me the Velen/Illidan bromace I didnā€™t know I wanted. Blizzard gave me Velen and Kilā€™jaden actually sharing one last ā€˜tenderā€™ moment. Blizzard gave me a very fragile Velen when he found out he was slaying his son.

Everything they gave me was emotional in Legion with Velen.

Itā€™s infinitely less weird when you realize itā€™s aging, embarrassing metalheads who have never met a woman who wasnā€™t one of their friendā€™s girlfriends who designed this.

Blizzard also gave us thr Magā€™har scenario. Blizzard also single handedly destroyed anything even moderately interesting about the Forsaken.

That Velen got out of Legion mostly intact is a miracle and Iā€™d rather stay in the lore hole than risk more Blizzard Focusā„¢

But thatā€™s not what I was focusing on in my comment. Like I really do trust whoever wrote Velen in Legion. If that person did a story that involved Nuuri, I completely trust that person to do so correctly.

1 Like

My issue is how do you know they will be allowed to write fir him again?

Itā€™s well known at this point that not writers make a large portion of story decisions

I donā€™t. Itā€™s pure hope.

1 Like

quiet, but alive

which is nice tbh, lorehole = not in bfa