[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

LOL fair. But that can be explained away as two merge during the transformation, growing a whole other appendage is weird when we never had it before.

Several people are typing…

Can’t imagine how painful it would be to shift forms. Losing and then regrowing a finger.

If you grew a tail, would it feel like you’re constipated?

1 Like

This is I am 100% okay with! I don’t care if they add tails but give a lore reason behind it. Either in a scenario, or hell just an official tweet or in-game dialogue. As long as they give a lore reason I am fine with it.

The issue is 90% of people that ask for tails don’t care about lore and their argument is just, “Muh werewolf fantasy!”

3 Likes

To be fair, with all of the new customizations we’re getting in SL, we’re not getting lore explanations for. We’re likely to never get an explanation either. Probably not even flavor text.

Just my two cents here (and I say it as a fan of worgen) but… I don’t think it’s a huge deal if worgen have tails?

A lot of the customisation is arguably immersion breaking in one way or another. Male Draenei never used to have horns (aside from Kil’jaeden, and those were widely assumed to be demonic). Forsaken never had the options to hide their bones. Orcs could never stand up straight. Elves could never have darker skin tones, beyond “slightly tanned”.

I dunno, I’m actually personally not like, strongly in support of tails for worgen. I find it a bit odd, as I did with the elf thing honestly. As a big Thalassian elf fan, I found it a bit jarring at first that suddenly the pale elves of Quel’thalas could suddenly be super dark. But when I thought about it… it’s not REALLY a big deal. Maybe more customisation on that front could actually be a good thing, as could diversity in general. At the end of the day, it’s actually kinda cool, even if it does feel like a jarring, sudden, and unexplained change. I guess one could argue that it’s simply always been that way, but tails are rare? Who knows?

Goldrinn has a tail, worgen like Goldrinn. Just say they wanna look like him or something.

Real talk though, I want the original stumpy Vulpera tails to be an option. I love the bushy fox tail but the small one was adorable.

`https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/696688.jpg

I want worgen to have tails because I think they look really silly and unbalanced without them.

I suppose I can see how tails simply happening one day without explanation might be weird, but I would simply consider it a quiet retcon. When you have a race that already have fur like a wolf, fangs like a wolf, ears like a wolf, snouts like a wolf, and claws like a wolf, I do not see how giving them tails like a wolf could “ruin their lore,” whether we’ve seen it before or not.

Not that it would be especially difficult to give them tail lore. “Different worgen simply have different degrees of wolfication,” or “Many worgen begin becoming more wolf-like after being worgen for a long time,” or “Worgen can acquire even more wolfish characteristics, such as tails, if they deliberately cultivate a closer relationship with their wolf spirit.”

1 Like

It’s such a cute little stub! :heart_eyes:

Bet it looked weird when they did the sleep emote?

To me the best way to give tail lore would be:

1. Worgen who were feral longer, or more feral, were more connected to the druid pack form, where the worgen curse comes from, and due to this they grew tails as they were closer to the pack form. Then they got their mind back from the ritual, boom. Worgen with tails.

2. Have a quick quest with Goldrinn where we become his chosen or something, since it is his rage that is the essence of the Worgen curse, and boom it makes us more wolf-like thus giving us a tail.

Either of those work, and I would be happy to have optional tails. But if Blizzard is like, “LOL here is tails. They just sprouted out of nowhere.” I would be upset because all Worgen in-game, in the comics, in the novels, in Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone, are all tailless.

As a Worgen fan, who loves the race, I would be very disappointed.

2 Likes

Worgen should get tails, but it should be the horrifying short draenei male tail

1 Like

To be fair, wolf tails are rather short.

A wolf’s tail is almost 1/3rd the length of its body.

Worgen dont already have tails?

Checks out.

https://animalcorner.org/wp-content/img/wolfgrey1.jpg

Nah.

I thought thats why they needed victorian trench coats

To hide their tails

:smirk:

Worgen should only get tails if they transform into a fleshy butt noodle in human form.

2 Likes

Take the Draenei tail, make it whatever skin color the Worgen’s human form has, and… taadaa!