[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

It doesn’t look like they’ve said when in November it will release, so I think the pre-patch could potentially drop anywhere between late September and late October.

This is kind of exciting. Customization soon™.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the customizations to drop. I keep plopping my Night Elf into the Dressing Room just to admire how she’s going to look.
SOON

5 Likes

It’s not about the danger of random zombies and Ghouls.

It’s the danger of a bunch of Liches, Death Knights, Banshees, Shades, Val’kyr, and “higher functioning” undead no longer being bound to a single will.

We’ve already seen what happened in that regard in the rise of the Forsaken.
“Well, that’s not so bad.”
Yeah…about that. The Blight didn’t exist before the Forsaken. Sylvanas started using “out of work” Val’kyr to start spreading undeath to other nations to use as cannon fodder. She went from “What are we if not slaves to this torment?” to aggressively raising from the dead people she’d been fighting with only minutes before. She’s going to tear a hole in reality and has apparently been working with Mega-Satan for a undisclosed amount of time.

That’s the kind of stuff that happens when there’s not a Lich King around to stop it.

It’s not even necessarily that. The order of bad things is:

The Scourge with a Lich King bent on killing all life is more dangerous than the Scourge with no Lich King, which is much, much, much more dangerous than the Scourge with a Lich King holding them back for whatever reason.

And generally, Arthas and Bolvar both fell into the last camp, to differing extents. Arthas wasn’t really trying to end the world, at first. He was toying with the champions of Azeroth, part to harvest the cream of the crop, and part, I think, to demonstrate that we were just like him. Bolvar, on the other hand, was trying to keep the Scourge from just going nuts. Sans Bolvar, the Scourge just goes to eat the nearest life, with differing levels of capability.

1 Like

frog duck.

2 Likes

In an upcoming build for the Shadowlands alpha, we are updating some dialog and quest text referring to a key character to the Bastion storyline: Pelagos. While normally we wouldn’t share these changes in advance, we recognize there is a higher than usual possibility of this being misunderstood if (and when) it is discovered out of context through datamining, and wanted to make sure that our intentions are clear.

A key part of the Bastion storyline is that Aspirants are able to choose a physical form that represents their true self. Pelagos, who presented as a woman in his mortal life, chose to be a man in the Shadowlands. The team had originally written him to use they/them pronouns, but received feedback that he/him would be more respectful of the character’s wishes to be identified as a man. This change is simply the result of us listening and responding to that feedback.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/an-update-on-pelagos-pronouns/571239

1 Like

That thing has such a cheeky grin face.

The tiara and tail jewelry has an option of being silver with either green/blue gems. Previously gold was the other option with a purple gem.

Men are getting the same for the tiaras.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of jewelry on my characters, to be honest. Very nice to see some more colors available to those that appreciate the pretty, though.

I was kind of hoping for the goggles from the curly Draenei hair to be separated and added as a headband option. Ah well.

Nesingwary did nothing wrong.

#Istandwithhemit

#downwithD.E.H.T.A.

I wanna see orc customization

Gimme orc hair or give me death

More tattoos for green orcs. Fel tattoos, tribal tattoos, the works. Heck, tattoos for all races that aren’t tied to chest pieces.

I have trolls with facial tattoos, Myst has a stylized wing tattooed on her upper arm covered by armor (look up Kara Thrace from BSG it’s bsaically her in-universe tattoo)

I’m not an orc player, so I’m not sure what to make of these new hair and earring options. The possibility of different teeth options are pretty neat, but what was shown was just teeth jewelry-- which is cool but isn’t what I was thinking of.

No eyebrows, RIP

The long hair is great

orcs are pretty disappointing.

The metal locks are pretty much the only thing worth using.

And with each patch it seems more and more likely that humans are the only race getting new faces, which is sad since so many races badly need new ones. I’d trade a lot of these customization options for a few handsome faces for orcs, nightborne and night elves

3 Likes

More pet slots for hunters.

2 Likes

For those who quite literally have to catch them all.

3 Likes

Can they change the Stable Interface then? Because finding a specific pet using the current system can be a bit maddening if you don’t cull your collection at regular intervals.

Gnome ladies are getting so much bling.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news=316686/new-earring-colors-for-female-gnome-character-customization-in-shadowlands

1 Like

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/952294.jpg

They did it :sunflower:

1 Like