[Spoilers] Looks like more villain bat

To all the alliance saying “I don’t mind being the bad guys for once” or “I don’t mind committing atrocities for once”, remember when the purge squad in voldun (basically alliance killing off vulpera in voldun) hits as early as PTR in 8.1 (or was it 8.1.5)? Remember the outrage of alliance players in GD? Remember them crying “wtf is this, we good guys, change that”? Yeah.

20 Likes

fair, but it is also possible that lor’themar sent the aid without her say so. she was pretty focused on going after eyir (at least up until blizzard decided to cut her out of the story altogether)

even if i agree what you say is true, sylvanas succeeding in enslaving eyir could have also compromised our success against the legion, not very smart to piss off one of our few allies in the broken shores, and we know how vindictive odyn can be (just ask him about lokens final words to him)

1 Like

yes but we are talking about what would happen if sylvanas died to greymane in stormheim when the forsaken fleet is attacked

I’m not talking about her getting the queen glowy lady. Genns plan was to assassinate her on the fleet in the intro to Stormheim. Had that worked, the Horde would be in a much weeaker position to do ANYTHING, including lending aid to both the Order Halls by supplying their champions, and military engagements like Suramar, and ANY delay with what we’re presented with in the Nighthold raid in relation to what Gul’dan is doing is game over.

And no, it isnt possible, the Warchief is the absolute military commander. It has to go through Sylvanas.

Odyn would have also given the shield to Skovald if he proved himself, ending the world, so…

2 Likes

Oh ok. Well maybe. The assassination of a warchief could have easily sunk any hope of getting the NEs and BEs to work together and they barely managed to reign in the animosity enough to manage it in Suramar as it was.

Its quite possible that if Sylvanas’ death didn’t spark a war between the Alliance and the Horde, then at the very least it would massively sour relations and frankly Anduin would be hard pressed to just give Genn and Rojers a wrist slap without enraging the Horde.

Can you imagine how the Alliance would have reacted if they had attacked and killed Anduin and his soldiers during the Legion invasion?

1 Like

and if genn did not succeed in stopping sylvanas’s plans that would have pissed off one of our allies.

king greymane is not the only one at fault here, sylvanas should not have been trying to enslave eyir than none of this would have been possible. i don’t know about you, but i dont want a pissed off odyn caming after us during legion.

1 Like

I never said he was the only one at fault, but that doesn’t change that if Genn got what he wanted, the world would have ended. It also probably would have pissed off Odyn yeah, but he could just make a new slave woman. It would be an inconvenience at worst for him, and that’s if we completely disregard his “Might makes right” philosophy. He was willing to give Skovald the shield and end the world if Skovald was better at punching us. Sylvanas was “mighty” enough to to take the val’kyr queen for herself, what does Odyn really care?

1 Like

you forget she didnt do it alone, she did it with the help of helya who he hates, which would have made him even angrier.

odyn is a very vindictive man, if you ask him about lokens last words to him, he gets angry at you and kills you instantly. enslaving his val’kyr queen with the help of the person who was part of the reason he was locked up, would gotten this angry titan keeper to focus on us mortals.

2 Likes

Shame that he needs us mortals to “kill” Helya and get out of his gilded prison, and as vindictive as Odyn is, I do not think he would decide to then attack those who helped him get free.

1 Like

i mean he kills you if you mention loken AS he is asking for your help. so its hard to say

That’s also one guy, and only happens as a shadowpriest who is stinking up is shiny halls with Void. I also feel like that exact phrase is more of a specific trigger for him, which is why she tells you to ask that exact phrase. I doubt he would have done anything aside get grumpy if the pc was like. “If you were part of the Ulduar gang, did you know Loken?” or something like that

Yeah, the thing with Odyn is he tends to not give a crap if it is someone else your screwing over with your ‘might and valor’. Touch his stuff through and he will have a fit. Odyn is a jerk and a colossal hypocrite. Unfortunately we were kind of stuck with him as one of our most powerful allies.

2 Likes

oh i wont disagree, the guy is a jerk. but he was helping us.

From memory all he did was give us the shield, but only after we beat up Skovald, defend the halls of valor, which he would have done anyway, then had a small camp of Valajar on the broken shore.

he also helps you beat the legion invasions if memory serves me right

Which he would have done anyway because they were attacking him.

i dunno, he could have just stayed in the safety of the halls of valor. and the guy clearly doesn’t care if the world ends.

Oh i totally think he would have, but they were smacking at his gates directly in the invasion. Thats basically directly challenging him, and Odyn wouldn’t take that laying down.

1 Like

dont you think it would be better to work with him than him just dealing with some demons with a deathwish beating on his door before going back inside his halls?

But the only thing he did as our ally that wasn’t something he would have done anyway because it was happening on his front lawn was put up that camp of Valajar on the broken shore.

Wait, did just remember he’s the main boy for the warrior order hall, but even so he was gonna do that anyway cause he wants the stronkest of boys. Even after the stuff in Stormheim where everyone else in the halls treat the Horde like crap, he gives 0 f u c ks.

2 Likes