[Spoiler] Tyrande in 8.2?

She has no role… what so ever… she doesn’t show up with her new goddess blessed form to help take down Azshara her longest archenemy, destroyer of the original Kal’dorei empire. Simply because she had a scenario and a warfront in 8.1??? How does that make any sense what so ever? You shouldn’t say “Well gotta bench that person cuz they’ve alright gotten a highlight”. You add characters where it makes sense for the story. If you wanna highlight other characters make a story for them. Saurfang has been in 3 full CGI movies but he’s not getting retired cuz he had his time in the spot-light. Jaina already had her time in the spot light but she’s showing up in 8.2? Replace Jaina with Tyrande. Tyrande makes way more sense there then Jaina does. It’s still PTR you still have time to fix this. It is absolutely essential that Tyrande shows up to help take down Azshara.

I’m a writer myself. You know how I come up with my stories? I create a universe, with laws, rules, expectations, themes, etc. Then I create characters with personalities, backstories, potential, etc. Then I put those character in those universe and I essentially sit back and watch as the story unfolds itself in front of me like a movie. I don’t directly control the characters actions. I do create the scenario but how the characters behave is based on their personality and what the setting allows. Basically on sims just sitting there with autonomy turned on letting them do their own thing.

If you did that with 8.2 there is no way that Tyrande wouldn’t show up UNLESS something else was happening to her at the same time preventing her from doing such a thing. But you can’t just pretend she doesn’t exist. Her character exists in this universe, has a set personality, she would most certainly show up there.

If you wanna highlight other characters create scenarios that apply to them. Like you’re doing for gnomes. The current scenario you have in 8.2 naturally highlights Tyrande, and night elves (and nightborn) as a whole.

If you’re dead set against her not showing up give her a REAL reason. Not just oh she wasn’t there. Maybe she was busy painting her toe nails or at a spa who knows!

Your writing philosophy confuses me. I get there isn’t just one writer so the process is a little more complicated than it is for me. But it is still doable to figure out who is where, when and why based on pre-established information.

You listened to feedback about the 8.1 night warrior scenario somewhat. It wasn’t perfect but considerably better then it was early on. So please listen to feedback now. In a few years if a new person is looking through the lore they’re going to be super confused as to why Tyrande wasn’t there at the fall of Azshara. It won’t make sense especially if you’re reading up on Tyrande’s history. But even the history of the entire game universe is doesn’t make sense either.

27 Likes

Azshara also showed up in Cataclysm questing in Darkshore, and in Azsuna (albeit briefly). Tyrande didn’t show up either of those times.

In terms of lore, Tyrande’s fighting a front to retake what’s left of the kaldorei’s post Sundered homeland. If Horde forces withdraw to sail to Nazjatar, she should press her advantage and retake her forest. Will we see that reflected in-game? Probably not, gameplay content/mechanics and all that.

In the ten thousand years since the Sundering and the naga making themselves known since WC3, neither she nor Malfurion made any moves to wage any large war against the naga. As far as they’re concerned, they won against Azshara in the War of the Ancients. They won kaldorei freedom and society away from Azshara.

That is what they’re fighting for in Darkshore. Shandris fighting for the kaldorei in Nazjatar is perfectly fine.

5 Likes

Unfortunately right now with the state of things, in-game changes are the only things that will genuinely matter. Everything else is just a fart in the wind. honestly whatever the arc is, it’s dead until 9.0 but probably the flashpoint for whatever conflict the Alliance has as a faction, probably because the toddler king wants a hugbox.

1 Like

No. It’s because Nazjatar is about the Horde and Alliance coming together again. Tyrande wouldn’t fit into that storyline.

4 Likes

They don’t have one outside of “Rule of Cool”. Your confusion is in thinking they had one.

The fact that is even happening is just more proof of what I said above.

1 Like

Huh? What does this have to do with the Rule of Cool?

Also, it’s kind of funny that we’re saying this seeing as how that was the backstory of the Night Warrior.

2 Likes

Also slightly confused that of all races dwarves got their heritage armor in 8.1… shouldn’t night elves have???

1 Like

how would they integrate being evicted from your homelands after being genocided into a heritage quest? Typically it’s supposed to be a moment of pride, not here’s a dumpy reward for the worst time for your people ever. It’s like giving Gnomes heritage armour after the Troggs invaded Gnomer.

What’s with all of these salty Night Elves keep making thread about Tyrande?

4 Likes

I suppose the 8.1 warfront rewards are night elf themes so that’s nice.

I’m only salty on the inside.

except when a (&&(@^^#@#@&** warglaive doesn’t (&@&(@^@ drop after the (&@&(^@**!^!&! 83278423479th time. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::boom:

2 Likes

That’s a lot of curse words.

1 Like

Tyrande has only one job.

“I’m coming my love!”

Other than that she needs to do nothing. Most annoying character in WoW.

1 Like

This expansion is about 3 females: Jaina, Sylvannas, and Azshara. Tyrande and others don’t really matter.

1 Like

And also 3 males. Saurfang, Saurfang, and Saurfang.

2 Likes

You mean Saurfang, Thrall, and Baine?

Horde bias

The nazjarta incident is a surprise isn’t it? So, it’s just the people that are already there. Getting tyrande on a private jet just because Azshara is there would be kinda weird.

Also, the night warrior power seem localized. There’s the eternal night and the night moonwell. Can tyrande leave and the night elves still keep the skirmish going?

Agreed. After what she went through, to get those god-like powers, it’s stupid to not show her actually using them! I’m a writer too, by the way, though I currently only have one book published.

3 Likes

Get use to it.

Tyrande was boring Mary Sue Character anyways. Besides Best likeable Characters for the Alliance the Better.