[SPOILER] So, about that Patch 8.1.5?

Hey, I quested with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I remember you! Hi friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish all the allied races followed the Kul Tiran naming convention. Just “Kul Tiran”, not “Kul Tiran Human”. Would be much nicer to have “Lightforged”, “Zandalari”, “Highmountain”, etc… NPCs sound so wordy and goofy at times.

7 Likes

It’s pretty redundant, isn’t it?

There’s a quest in the Plaguelands where you are rescuing a dwarf from being wrapped in a spider cocoon, and he accused me of being a spider that is just “doing a really good [Lightforged Draenei] impression.”

What would that even look like

1 Like

Legforged.

2 Likes

but draenei have always canonically had big eyebrows :frowning:

I do not care if it is canon I only like my brows on night elves

ur big coward

1 Like

At least Wardens were smart enough to tailor their helmets to their ears, but also their eyebrows!

1 Like

I’m just amazed anybody could defend Blizzard’s customization and storytelling at this point and not be trolling to some degree.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s trolling.

I think it’s investing 10, 15, or even 20 years in a company, and not wanting to break that. Not out of any sense of real loyalty, or kinship you feel with Blizzard, but rather a fear of admitting that maybe these people you placed trust in have abused it. It’s about your own pride, and defense of self-image.

It’s FAR less severe, but it’s basically the same principle that occurs when someone is with a crappy S.O., but won’t leave. I’m not talking about abuse, that’s different and I wouldn’t compare it in any way.

I just mean when someone is dating a turd, and you’re like “Gross why are you with them?” and they get defensive.

I would agree if the defender in question hadn’t gone out of their way to be insulting and combative and then end the debacle with "but it was a cheeky joke, you all seem so mad! :slight_smile: "

Kind of makes it all a touch suspicious.

3 Likes

Oh well he, specifically, is… a special case. I was speaking generally.

Hey now, four extra bag slots broke the game for a while. Who knows what damage four extra hairstyles would cause!

Blizzard is saving this game with its horrible customization. The nightbornes two hairstyles and skin tones are what is saving this game.

5 Likes

The quality and consistency is spotty. Some allied races have unique dances and others don’t. Some share skeletons as pre existing models except for Kultirans. The cinematics are below average compared to the gaming industry as a whole. Overall it’s a mixed bag. They are adding supplemental changes, but aren’t addressing the main mechanics I am frustrated with. The good is smothered by the bad.

I’ll hold off on coming back until 8.2 comes out. Even then I’ll wait for friends and trusted Youtuberd opinions before shilling out the money and experiencing it on my own.

1 Like

For me I think I’m content to wait the whole expansion out. The overarching story is grossly incompetent, and the mechanics are bland, uninspired, and uninteresting.

Even when it comes to the next expansion, I’m likely not going to bother until I know I’m not being lied to. Therein lies one of the bigger tragedies in all this, I no longer trust Blizzard not to lie to my face.

2 Likes

I’ve already seen several Kul Tirans with growth potions and honestly I love them. MAXIMUM CHONK.

3 Likes

So I dont visit Wowhead anymore so I missed this.

Is this somewhere in 8.1.5 at all? If so is there a choice for Alliance characters to essentially say “screw you go die”

I dunno, a Dark Ranger, bitter about being raised against her will years before Sylvanas became Warchief, a direct violation of the Forsakens’ ‘Free Will’ mandate? Who raised herself through the ranks through ability rather than ambition and might be willing to defect and turn over all that knowledge of the Banshee Queen’s antics prior to becoming Warchief simply to spite the one that has damned her if nothing else?

Sounds like a win for the Alliance to me!

Also her claim that she’s ‘damned to the Abyss’ concerns me for the sake of the other free-willed Undead/Forsaken. Does that mean, regardless of what you do or who you are, Undeath basically condemns you to the Abyss, that vaguely-defined dimension between the Void itself and the Realm of the Dead where the Undead souls of the universe collect? Because if that is the case, and Sylvanas, Helya, Death Knights and Bolvar are just popping Undead up like it’s Poptart Free-For-All time, then us running around talking to Azeroth’s resident ‘Keepers of the Damned’, Bwonsamdi, Freya and Bolvar suddenly has a lot more meaning than us asking “Who turned Vol’jin into a sentient night-light.” and that sounds veeeeeeery interesting to me.

2 Likes