[SPOILER] So, about that Patch 8.1.5?

I know that’s exactly what I said. Talvaa is free to post about the game. I’m free to respond to Talvaa. Zen is free to respond to me. It’s a beautiful thing and I never once said I had a problem with it.

Indeed, Blizzard is incredibly gracious to let people who are no longer subbed post. (I remember more than a few people who said they stayed subbed just for the forums. It’s probably inconsequential amounts, but they are losing some money on this, so, kudos to them.)

I would say that at this point it’s probably a good time to walk away. Nothing is constructive, only hostile.

3 Likes

Wait, what?

Look man, are ya leavin’ me alone or not, that was a confusing read.

Going out for a run anyway. I should have before, engaging in this horse :poop: was the worst thing I could have done in this state of mind.

I hope you feel better. Have fun and be safe.

You don’t have a problem with it because you’ve been called out for harassing and trying to police people who post things that make you whimper, so you’re using it as a shield. Or was that a cheeky joke too?

And isn’t that just a grain of sand in your eye?

1 Like

God you are just the absolute worst.

It’s fine.

Some will continue to enjoy the game and that’s okay. Some will remain steadily disappointed, and talk about it with like-minded people, and nothing can stop them or edit them or chase them off. That is also okay.

First of all, I didn’t harass anyone. Responding one-time to a public post on a public forum, even very sardonically, does not constitute “harassment.”

No? I would say I’m basically neutral on it. I think the forums would be on the whole more positive if it was like it was before, but it’s not really my call to make and it doesn’t bother me overly much. Besides, subbed people can make bad posts too.

Indeed, none of this is sand in my eye. You guys seem to be the ones getting really, really upset. And I do apologize for that, I don’t want anyone to be legitimately angry or sad over something I’ve posted. I’m having a lovely night, farmin’ medals on my shiny new scarecrow-chicken on a game I really enjoy. I hope this game can be that for you again.

I meant it, dude. We’re disagreeing about a video game and the best use of it’s related forum, lol, I don’t wish ill will on you.

Don’t flatter yourself. You have no idea the first thing about me or what I’m dealing with. You’re not the crap pile that is my life currently. You’re just a fly that was attracted to it.

So, to recap:

We have seen passive aggressive insults, pressure to leave, intentional misunderstanding to stoke the flames, and we have come full circle to “it was a cheeky joke” and ended with “lol u guys so mad.”

Like, I’m sure you’re patting yourself on the backside right now but this sort of behavior just doesn’t look good in the long run. I hope you enjoyed yourself I guess.

2 Likes

You’ve been nothing but insincere and antagonistic for an hour now.

Forgive me if I don’t believe you suddenly possess empathy.

He doesn’t. You’re better off moving on, as I’m about to. He’s proven himself not worth acknowledgement and I for one have better games to spend time on this evening.

2 Likes

Why y’all have fun when I’m not here

I don’t agree with that recap. Here is mine, just for posterity. I have paraphrased for brevity.

1. Talvaa posts a complaint about the game.
  2. I reply to their post with a sarcastic joke. (“I just don’t really care about the game anymore.” “Couldafooled me!”)
  3. You and Zen rush in and say, “Talvaa can post whatever they want!”
  4. I say, “Yeah, I know. So can I. So can you. I just think people who don’t like the game should maybe consider posting elsewhere? But it’s their life.”)
  5. Another poster posts that they’re actually mad because they’re going through a lot.
  6. I do not say, “lol u mad.” Not once. I only pointed out to you, who denied you were mad, that I wasn’t talking about you, and that someone else said they were in a bad state of mind. And this was after you implied that I was mad.
  7. I wished said person a safe and fun run.
  8. I get called “the worst.”
  9. I say, “No, really. I 100% I meant I was annoyed, but that doesn’t mean I want you to not be safe and have a good run.”
  10. You call me a sociopath.

And then I don’t know what happened, to be honest. We kinda went back and forth aggressively agreeing that people don’t have to agree with each other and that anyone who wants can post here? And I’m a socipath or something?

No but you’re absolutely projecting your own insecurities onto others.

5 Likes

I’d just like to remark that there are 6 threads (that I could find among the dozens and dozens of WoW related/not critical threads) that contain off topic discussion/criticisms of the game.

Truly we are drowning these forums in misery

5 Likes

You’re welcome for the night off. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is worth pointing out because it’s a case study in how carrying water for Blizzard leads to shoddier content.

The “huge” customizations you bring up consists of a feature no one asked for (gold eyes), a feature that’s coming three expansions too late (straight backed orcs), a feature that’s six expansions too late (dwarf mounts), a feature they just pulled out of nowhere (night elf eyes) and two "probably"s (both of which will come three expansions too late).

That’s…what? Four feature options total across 20 different races?

Beyond that, your highest praise of the lore is “pretty okay.”

On these meager grounds do you offer Blizzard your undying support and struggle to silence their critics. The bar for what’s passable in WoW has been set so low that they can offer such scraps and know that someone out there will carry water for them and fight tooth and nail to defend them, which only inspires them to do even less next time.

People criticize because they want better and are owed better. People criticize because four options across twenty races isn’t enough. People criticize because we deserve better lore than “pretty okay.”

You can be perfectly happy with what’s offered. But in trying to defend it as a standard, you push an anti-consumerist thought model that assures worse service, worse quality and worse treatment than customers deserve.

So, you know, don’t be surprised if people push back.

6 Likes