[SPOILER] So, about that Patch 8.1.5?

But I never said I didn’t like freedom of speech? That’s why I exercised mine. Lol.

Adding these in doesn’t give your posts the fun, cool vibe you think it does.

It’s still just rudeness.

1 Like

Ok thanks Grammarly

Sick burn :fire:

When Blizzard goes all in on Races unlocking customization features for the races. They’ll get my interest instantly. The Night Warrior is a good start, but it’s something that needs to become common in WoW.

7 Likes

This is a good point. I’ve taken a million breaks from the game. Sometimes it had nothing to do with the state of the game, I was just busy or wanted to spend my time on other things.

Coming back to the game when you’ve legitimately been enticed back in by something, whether that be a new race or an old friend coming back, or a cinematic, or whatever it is, and diving back in is a great feeling.

Come on, dude.

He literally said that if he could, he’d downvote it. The purpose of downvotes to is to bury posts. Therefore literally silencing someone.

I get that people want more customization, but BfA has been huge for it. Golden-eye elves, straight-back orcs, night warrior night elves. Goblin and Worgen updates are “probably” coming in 8.2. Bronzebeard Dwarf Paladins, a race/class combo that has been in the game since launch, got a unique racial mount. There’s 2 sets of Heritage Armor, with quest chains, and more on the way.

It’s the same with lore. I’m not going to pretend I love 100% every aspect of the story. But it’s pretty okay. And we’ve been given more cinematics, both in-game and fully-rendered, and more supplemental lore materials than any expansion ever before.

Now, this is anecdotal, but I have a few IRL friends who play this game. But they’re not really into lore, or even customization. I have one friend who doesn’t even mog his gear lol. They have totally cringey OOC names on their toons lol. They barely notice, if at all, this stuff. They don’t go on WoWhead or watch Bellular or whatever. They do their raids and arenas and M+ and that’s it. And when you read the General Forums, you’ll see there’s a lot of people like that. They don’t care about that stuff.

Now, I’m not saying Blizzard makes those things out of the goodness of their heart. I’m sure they’ve crunched the numbers to levels we wouldn’t even believe to determine that it’s worth it to assign X employees to Y project, to cut Z project, etc. But I don’t know how folks could look at BfA and determine that lore and customization aren’t a priority for Blizzard. If it’s still not enough for you, then maybe this isn’t the game for you? I spent a lot more time making toons in Black Desert and ESO than I ever have in this game, but I played those toons a lot less.

I’m also not saying Blizzard can’t do better. I’m not saying people shouldn’t keep asking for more. I want more hairstyles and gear sets, more novella. Gimme gimme. Heck, yammering and demanding more features on our baubles as a consumer is like a basic foundation of modern market capitalism. But I do think people do have the tendency to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

1 Like

WoW character customization is still absolute garbage compared to far less successful MMOs, with far fewer resources. Blizzard has all this money, and instead of investing it back into their games, they just impoverish families who got them there, and then pocket the difference.

2 Likes

This is very highly subjective. Personally I find the story this expansion to be (for the most part) derivative garbage of the sort you’d expect from poorly practiced amateurs on fanfiction.

The story is improving, but incredibly slowly, and not by much. And it was pretty god-awful to start with, so I’m not sure how much that’s even saying.

It’s the only mmorpg I will invest in.

How in the world can you sit there and say this isn’t the game for me when I’ve played it for such a long time. Why would you type something so foolish?

2 Likes

A whole three new options across three different races.

Givin’ me the vapors

But no, seriously, there’s very little to be impressed by, here.

I mean if you’re implying these things therefore matter less because an unspecified number of non-RPers seem to not care… isn’t appeal to majority one of those big time fallacies people go on about?

They’re a priority when they can turn them into a carrot on a stick and thus keep people hooked and grinding mindlessly. It’s a lazy way of extending content that’s already bland and forgettable.

“If you don’t like not getting what you paid for, then leave.”

Well, a lot of us did. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t you know you’re supposed to consume whatever you get, no matter how bitter or meager it is, without complaint or distress?

3 Likes

Posts didn’t get grayed out, let alone hidden behind a spoiler tag, unless downvotes went well into the double digits. A few people showing their disapproval was a regular and ultimately irrelevant thing.

FWIW I gave maybe five downvotes over the entire time they were a thing Each time I was just voicing disapproval that wasn’t strong enough to warrant a report. None of them got grayed out.

I could understand if my achievements were hidden, but they aren’t and they reflect how long I’ve played and the content I’ve done.

I mean, did you?

What is it that you want, man?

I mean the people you’re calling annoying and clearly want to go away, they have a clear goal. They dislike the game and would like to see it improved so they can someday return. So it can be worth their time. You seem to just be here to antagonize.

4 Likes

I stopped giving Blizzard my money, yes. I am, however, not obligated to skulk away and stop talking to like-minded people about it no matter how much it makes you shiver that some people out here in the world don’t like the same things you like.

People like Adelbrand are a problem because if they had their little way, they would silence and chase out any of us who are dissatisfied with the game and want to hold Blizzard accountable.

4 Likes