[SPOILER] So, about that Patch 8.1.5?

Is this in reference to something?

sorry for being downers here guys

Honestly, yeah. It was a good run overall, growing up with Blizzard products has certainly been a huge part of a lot of folks childhoods. This crash and burn of this top dog MMORPG that, for some reason, started pushing back against innovation and evolution of the genre is pretty depressing.

They’ve had the fans and the funds to expand so much gameplay outside of Raids/PvP, but essentially refused to in favor of pure endgame. Best shot they took at it was (IMO) MoP when they implemented scenarios and player agency in progression with the multiple ways of making your character feel more powerful. I think MoP also introduced toys right (might have been WoD that brought the toybox I really can’t remember)? They finally gave us RP toys. Then…ruined them? They gave us that amazingly cute farm…and burned the idea/concept down by not continuing it to be a permanent WoW feature.

As you said, it’s just disenfranchisement.

1 Like

I think it was a dig at you for posting frequently still.

Pretty standard tactic to incite conflict. “If you don’t care then why are you talking about it?” The idea is to leave you with two options: not respond and cease speaking, or respond, in which case they’ll continue to mock you for obviously caring, because you’re still talking about it.

I wouldn’t call it a “tactic” lol. I ain’t SEAL Team 6. I posted that from the john lol.

But there are certain posters here who are entering vegan/vape/crossfitter territory with their WoW hate. If they’re free to kvetch then I’m free to kvetch about their kvetching. Until Blizzard tells one of us, or both of us, otherwise.

And then you can kvetch about my kvetching.

It’s the circle of life.

And there are certain posters here who gradually become insufferably smarmy and condescending with their dismissal of anyone who doesn’t like what they like.

I want to think you’re a cool guy but some of the stuff you say here just makes me frown. If it’s so difficult for you to just let someone be disappointed by the decay of something they gave heart and soul to for years, how about you just not even respond to them?

Maybe they still post here because they see something in it worth keeping. Maybe they value the community. Maybe they’re just lonely. Regardless of the reason, what right do you have taking shots at them for it? Enjoy your own ride and stay in your lane.

7 Likes

Doesn’t really matter what you decide to call it.

8 Likes

c’est la vie,

Personally I still post because despite my apathy or dislike for the game I still enjoy the community.

If people wanna spend their time complaining about my complaints its their time to spend. It’s not really going to effect my posting habits.

Side note, for all the complaints about Vegens I know far more Vegens that couldn’t give less of a c&%! that I’m not.

2 Likes

Pretty much. I’m either going to be a customer that waits until the end of expansions, only subscribes with no expansion purchase, or one that just doesn’t support them anymore.

BFA is my first ‘wait it out’ expansion so, we’ll see.

I’ve given them essentially my childhood, I can wait until BlizzCon for a final verdict.

3 Likes

Like Taalva, I had been looking forward to the new races and then found myself completely and utterly disinterested (to the point of being surprised anyone else still was, only to shrug and move on). Which was a weird thing to see in myself. I used to stubbornly cling to my monthly subscription no matter how many baffling decisions Blizzard made in the past. I guess time and disappointment eventually eroded that death grip. And I hate it. I don’t want to be so burned out but it is what it is.

4 Likes

It’s truly a shame that we traded immersive new races for reskins and customizations that some of us have been begging for our base races for years.

1 Like

Hot take: Allied races were a mistake as they are. We should have had body shape and height sliders, we should have had more customization, we should have had more options LONG ago. Trickling in meager selections of new options and boxing them up in tedious grinds–turning them into more carrots on sticks–is not only absurd but unfair to every single player, no matter how casual or hardcore they define themselves as.

Seriously. The gall it takes to turn basic features other games offer and turn it into a grind. It’s so transparent what could I DO but walk out?

8 Likes

Honestly it’s just getting old seeing people feel like they have to defend the action of expressing dissatisfaction. Being asked to explain the dissatisfaction itself? I don’t see that as unreasonable. As long as you take their opinion as their opinion, and don’t try to tell them their opinion is incorrect, and just browbeat them into submission.

But no, the idea that it’s somehow wrong for people to voice that they dislike the current state of the game is ludicrous. I’m personally feeling optimistic at the moment. At least a lot more than before 8.1.5 came out. I feel like they’re slowly improving BfA. But I don’t let other people not feeling that way take away from my own enjoyment.

6 Likes

Tbh, them implementing Kul Tiran have crushed my hopes of body / height options being implemented.

I’m just surprised that people defend it. It’s just not a fun way of playing the game to me. Nothing is immersive about doing chores after I already liberated their city.

1 Like

Because I find it annoying and I wanted them to know. What they do with that knowledge is entirely up to them.

Unfortunately for both of us, there’s no more downvotes so that’s the best we’ve got.

Absolutely. I am a salty, salty sandra but I’ll never tell others “you too must partake of the harsh sand that trickles from my wretched body.”

1 Like

I quit WoW for the first time at the very end of BC. My feelings about the game were not invalid, and my complaints about the game were largely solid, and also nothing about the launch of Wrath was enough to change my mind. I needed an honest to goodness break before I could appreciate that expansion on its merits.

This patch ain’t no WotLK, of course. All of you aren’t me. I just trust all of you to decide, on your own and without posting, whether or not you just need a break.

3 Likes

Well, they can probably power their cars with energy generated by how hard they’re rolling their eyes at your nonsense, so I suppose in a sense you’re saving the world one carbon footprint at a time. Cheers!

1 Like

Welp, sorry. People are allowed to voice opinions. Take a word out of Ion’s book. If you don’t like freedom of speech, North Korea is waiting for you.

1 Like

Eh, my car fully functions off sarcasm.

2 Likes

Also

This is literally the reason we don’t have downvotes anymore. People like you abused them.