*SPOILER* Korthia, the black forest?

Xal’atoth has a possibility of saying “When you walk among the black forest, you will see.” Could Korthia in fact be the black forest Xal’atoth mentioned? Or am I going insane?

2 Likes

You have always been insane, perhaps you’re realizing it now

2 Likes

I think the Black Forest is Darkmoon Island.

1 Like

Too much Orange and Brown… Not enough Black Trees or Darkness…

The Black Forest is likely where we rescue Uuna from which the Spirit Healers claim is on the border of the Realms of Life and Death.

Considering we will get a massive change after we beat Sanctum of Domination it is likely we will see the Black Forest looming above us taking the place of the Convergence where Souls flow down from.

5 Likes

You could say that about most if not all of the posters on this forum, oh and I prefer…“The divine gift that is madness.” Thank you very much.

1 Like

The Black Forest is the home of the Old Gods, it’s where the seven eyed goat watches. It’s supposed to be a H.P. Lovecraft reference and is most likely the “Void Realm” and the place that Old Gods return to when they die.

Its Tirisfal Glades. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been to the Black Forest in Legion - it looks nothing like Korthia.

Hot take: none of the void whispers mean anything. They were just spooky lines thrown in as something entertaining.

Hotter take: even if they were meant to be important it doesn’t matter. The story team doesn’t decide what gets made. The game devs do, and they literally operate on Rule of Cool. I doubt any of them even know/remember the void whispers.

3 Likes

Also

The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down

Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.

From puzzle box. They are vague enough to be easily fit to a story without any specific planning but probably they are echoes of ideas they had. I can tell if they happened, will happen or abandoned.

More like r/unpopularopinion

"Six seats at the high table… six mouths that hunger… one will consume all others"

Literally talking about the covenants, Oribos, and the Maw… what does a Maw do? It CONSUMES…

"Five keys to open our way… five torches to light our path"

The keys / sigils / whatever that the Jailer is trying to collect… he already has the ones from Revendreth and Bastion, now he’s trying to get the ones from Oribos, Ardenweald, and Maldraxxus…

"The boy king serves at the master’s table… three lies will he offer you"

Boy king is obviously Anduin, who now (unwillingly) servers the Jailer… as for who is offering the “three lies,” I’m fairly certain that the “he” in that quote refers to “the master” and not “the boy king”… at least, that’s my interpretation of it, since the Jailer has been deceiving almost all of the Shadowlands with his schemes…

"At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming"

So this one is tricky but I think I’ve figured it out… it’s talking about Sylvanas, who you might THINK has already died three times, BUT… it’s talking about STAGES of death and afterlife… she died once, that was in Quel’thalas to Arthas, now she is an undead… she has NOT died a second time, or she would be a soul in the Shadowlands… the Val’kyr have stopped this second death from happening every time up until now, so what WOULD have been her second death(s) in both the Icecrown short story and Silverpine Forest in Cataclysm became null… I’m presuming we ARE going to kill off Sylvanas and grant her second death in 9.1, but she won’t be gone completely, YET… remember how every other being we kill off in Shadowlands speaks of “The True Death”? THAT is the third death… when her soul dies in the Shadowlands, this prophecy will be fulfilled…

"The Golden One claims a vacant throne… the Crown of Light will bring only darkness"

Turalyon is the interim King of Stormwind while Anduin is absent… Yrel has been going on a crusade of her own in Draenor, converting and / or killing its inhabitants, perhaps soon she will make her way over to Azeroth and present her faction to join with Turalyon, bringing in Lothraxion and the Naaru to join them… perhaps the Scarlet crusaders will come out of the woodwork to join them as well, all of this combined will make a serious threat from The Light IN OUR OWN ALLIANCE CAPITOL OF STORMWIND, or rather a lawful-evil splinter faction of it…

I could go on about other whispers, but I’m pretty sure the devs have NOT forgotten about those, and that is the point I’m trying to make…

Incidentally these Whispers came from Legion and BfA not the Puzzle Box and yet the Puzzle Box’s own Whispers were remembered as Blizzard used the Little Lamb Lost in the Woods(through Uuna), Ny’alotha(as a Raid for N’Zoth) and the Giant Rook watching over the Dead Trees(as the place where Saurfang met Anduin before heading out to face Sylvanas).

I suspect that the "It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe." line is a reference to our first face to face encounter with the Eye of the Jailer since as soon as we get behind it Ve’nari tells us to not move or even breath a single word.

Of course the one writing everything for the Cataclysm Revamped Content was Afrasiabi not Danuser though it can be said that Blizzard plans 2 Expansions ahead so Afrasiabi’s riddle in regards to Shadowlands is already in motion before it’s predictably dropped after that Expansion.

Hopefully we resolve the Black Forest(likely since it’s practically stated by Spirit Healers to be just beyond the Convergence of Souls above the Arbiter between the Realms of Life and Death) and the Drowned God before then.

What if the black forest is Thros?

You suspect Uuna was captured by Thros the Blighted Lands?.. Danuser did say that Thros was between a lot of confluences(outright saying that it was not in the Shadowlands yet not saying it wasn’t part of the Nightmare) so it would be no surprise if the Emerald Nightmare was the Jailer’s target!

If that is indeed the case than Sylvanas will usher in the Emerald Nightmare’s coming to the Shadowlands and the Maw’s coming to the Emerald Nightmare!

Of course the side that still resembles the Emerald Dream one can be certain serves the Nathrezim and thus Denathrius("The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.").

We will have four Factions in the Nightmare: The Drust, the Void, the Maw and the Nathrezim!

Dude, I hope so. That Black Forest is one of the most impactful places we’ve gotten to visit. Like, the Maw is a joke in terms of creep factor. A Pitch Black Forest in a Pitch Black World. With only what small flame you have in your hand for comfort. Alone with your thoughts, your regrets, your mistakes, your nightmares. As the countless eyes of those who have lost themselves to the murky abyss stare at you from the edges of your light. Moving ever closer as the boundaries of your tiny safe haven slowly shrink away.