Spitting Cobra

Spitting cobra scales well with haste, and running a single animal companion at 25% haste with DC leggo, it was hitting for 50% more than A Murder of Crows dps, albeit nature vs physical. Ideally, you are doing nothing but hitting cobra shot, but in PvP, you are using GCD’s on utility so that makes it worthless and actual dps is much lower than AMoC.

I was really excited about it and after testing it extensively in pvp (2400cr+) and pve settings, Spitting Cobra is indeed worthless in every category.

But were the individual hits from Spitting Cobra for 2-3k? When I tested, it was about 2% of my overall damage as well, but the actual hits were barely 600 when I tunneled Cobra Shots to get full effect.

Average 319, but I wasn’t benchmarking, I just forgot to switch into my real talents lol. My biggest crit was 580.

honestly i wish blizz would get rid of a mandatory pet dynamic on survival, give spitting cobra to survival, then have survival be poison, traps and melee. I miss snake trap and caltrops etc. stuff was great.

Losing your pet in survial not being able to use kill command is honestly one of the worst hunter experiences i’ve had. I didnt realize the kit would depend on a pet more than the pet master spec.

1 Like

That would fit better. A Spitting Cobra could be how survival gets out their poison without pulling out a random crossbow from their… twisting nether.

2 Likes

Damn right on that

1 Like

We have 200 pets. I only see one of them.

I use like “4” of them, by that I mean a spirit beast and its clone for my offhand pet, oh and a lust pet/ freedom (in very niche situations).

It would be so great if even Animal Companion randomized/ had a glyph that made it randomize every time you call a pet. It should definitely be toggleable.

Before calling spitting cobra bad you should try it for yourself!

There is a new BM build that consist of pressing Bestial Wrath then you follow it up by spamming Cobra Shot for the next 15 seconds, if done properly that build can get you up to 1.5k dps if you are full 226 equiped, which is enough to clear a M0.

1 Like

Thrill of the Hunt synergizes too well with keeping up Frenzy stacks. Unless Spitting Cobra does enough damage to overcome the benefit of 9% crit, it will be garbage.

2 Likes

Did you read the rest of the post ?

1 Like