Spiritual Guidance giving too much +healing

My rank 8 renew is ticking for 252 health per 3 seconds. At 5 ticks this is a whopping 1260 healing. Compared to the base of 650, I’m unsure how this is being calculated. I only have a few pieces of spell damage/healing gear, nothing approaching +610 healing. I also achieved this number with Spiritual Guidance active, an Un’goro crystal, and a food buff.

I’m inclined to blame Spiritual Guidance. I think it’s over-contributing +healing. My smites seem normal, but my healing is wacky. I’ve also seen 1k Flash Heals and 2.5k Gheal crits, which I don’t think I should be seeing at this level.

2 Likes

This is yet another aura stacking bug. When you respec and put talent points into Spiritual Guidance, it appears that each rank of the talent is being applied as a separate hidden aura on your character. Thus, you are gaining 5+10+15+20+25 = 75% of your Spirit as Damage and Healing. It appears to resolve itself when you relog, but is reproducible every time you respec.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve had issues like this in the past with hidden auras from talents and they fix themselves on relog. Pretty overpowered though until then lol. Could definitely be exploited by people if they don’t fix it.

This is still an issue and it’s showing up in healing parses… is this something that is going to be fixed? Let’s look at an example:

w w w .classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T9crHGm84vJ6kadz#type=healing&fight=50&source=4

Renew SP% = 100% total, .2 per tick over 5 ticks
Max Renew Tick = 652
Base Renew Tick = 161

652-161=491 per tick

491*5=2455 estimated +healing power

Take off 22% for talents

Estimated +healing required to accomplish this = 1914.9

Current max +healing possible: 798 (see below link)

w w w .classic.wowhead .com/gear-planner/priest/dwarf/AjwOUFAwAwXyNQURADAAVf_BKApZPAgGAkkjA0j5hTdKTjkGR5eHQhpZPAhIS8koCDX-B_lKKAsH_wtKxAxKxA1IJQ4ygk8oCQf5kEiwWN5SO7MH8w

Based on this, the player would need an additional 1116.9 healing to accomplish 652 renew ticks.

This bug still exists and is likely gamebreaking if not hotfixed before BWL is released.

4 Likes

Mend is doing God’s work

Is there any chance the SG aura stack isn’t clearing on talent respec? As in, you could respec to 5/5 SG, respec again with 5/5 SG and get even more benefit? I’d test it but…yeah respecs are expensive when you play Spriest :smiley:

Blizzard, please address this.

1 Like

that is exactly what’s happening. those logs prove it

1 Like

Yes, that’s the issue.

Does it stack indefinitely?

we believe its an aura stacking issue, so theoretically, no it wouldnt stack infinitely.