Spirit Bomb and Soul Cleave

Spirit Bomb should replace Soul Cleave IMO and could use a small rework to deal a flat amount of damage plus the damage based on the souls consumed [10k flat + 2k for each soul instead of the actual 4k per soul] because on high levels of haste the rotation “Fracture (Soul generator) > Spirit Bomb” becomes very weird.

Or, Soul Cleave “HardCap” of hitting 5 targets could be softed to “Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets”

They don’t need to replace soul cleave with bomb. They need to make it so soul cleave doesn’t take souls so that way its just a straight fury dump

Ya, thats work tbh. But if you dont talent into Spirit Bomb means you cant get your souls back unless you walk close to it.

Spirit bomb should probably just be baseline in that case and then they could also increase the healing of soul cleave a tad to compensate for the lack of souls too

Veng ways feels so clunky and unintuitive to me. Maybe it’s just me but having 2 resources for spenders is weird. I feel like there should be fury generators, fury spenders that generate shards, and shard spenders.

Like spirit bomb not costing fury and soul cleave generating shards instead of fracture or something.

This doesn’t feel like an answer and does more harm than good to Vengeance in ST scenarios, where you only cast SC unless you’re going for the ~0.5% extra damage on a soul furnace charged 5 soul SpB or running the FB build. I do not think they could realistically increase the baseline healing of SC enough to match that of soul fragmnets, which are based on damage taken.

But in this case you would still be casting spirit bomb to consume souls for healing. Example you’re tanking a boss just taking normal melee hits so you’re just fracturing and SCing so you don’t cap fury and then when you take that big tank buster you can pop spirit bomb to immediately consume 5 souls and heal after the buster. In current scenario you’re forced to SC so you don’t cap fury and then it consumes 2 souls so then when you take that buster and wanna spirit bomb to consume 5 souls but instead its 3 because you just had to SC.

I’m not trying to boost SC to the same level of what souls heal for but more to close the cap if it no longer consumed souls and was now a deathstrike light.

Generally that’s not the case in single target, though. You spam SC for frailty stacks for the damage reduction and heal off the soul fragments, leech and frailty leech. Casting SpB gives less frailty stacks and is less damage in ST scenarios unless you’re running the FB build or have an empowered SpB with 5 souls, which is a ~0.5% increase. SC is the primary spender for ST, not a filler, due to the increased frailty stacks.

This change just sounds like it will make DH feel clunkier.

Yeah, that would be great. I mean, the gameplay would be close to the Tank Monk Healing Spheres that you consume all at the same time WHEN you need the heal by pressing Spell Harm.

1 Like

Yes I understand how it currently works as I main veng but you’re not understanding what I’m saying. Currently you consume souls when you don’t always need them with SC so a lot of that soul healing is just wasted. In the way I’m suggesting it would allow you to still spam SC to get frailty stacks but you wont be needlessly consuming souls when you don’t always need them. Instead you would use soul bomb to immediately consume all 5 when you actually take a big hit.

I think you’re also misunderstanding why I’m against this change. I don’t disagree that it could work, but it would need changes to how the Vengeance kit works currently. Frailty stacks would need increased duration to allow that SpB to not drop too many stacks and (as suggested by you) SC would need it’s healing increased. Additionally, however, there needs to be a resolution that aids the clunkiness of having to spend 2GCD to heal instead of just SCing to consume 2 souls + leech + frailty leech, as well as probably some other issues that I am unable to consider.

It just seems like a clunky bandaid fix. I’d rather see a new fury dump and SC have its target cap removed to allow variance in gameplay, or a benefit to consuming souls prior to a big hit (reverting Soulmonger to its Azerite Trait form and giving us more room to easily access it would likely solve that) The overlying problem is a lack of a proper fury dump and that there’s no benefit to consuming souls prior to hits, not in how SC works.

1 Like

Yeah I guess I’m just not understanding how using SpB occasionally is messing with frailty stacks because you’re still SCing most of the time. Are you worried about SpB taking too much fury? Also don’t understand the spending 2 GCDs to heal because it’s only one to cast SpB unless you’re talking about the delay it has?

I just more like the idea of having our soul spender and fury spender being separated so we have more control over things.

SpB messes with frailty stacks because you’re dropping more than you’re adding. SpB only adds one stack of Frailty and requires buildup, SC adds two and can be spammed. Even in a theoretical scenario where we’re able to hold souls and spamming SC, we need to rebuild the fury to send out a SpB for the emergency heal.

Because we’re spamming SC then swapping to SpB then back to spamming SC. Like I said above, rebuilding the fury we dumped on SC to SpB then go back to SC is also a concern for fluidity’s sake.

I agree. I’d just rather it be a new button personally. SC and SpB both have uses and separate applications as soul spenders and changing how one works would make the spec feel clunky imo.

Although I will say, for SC to work as a pure fury spender it would need to be uncapped again, which I would very much be in support of at the least.