Spires Spear Bugged

Hey guys ran into a bug yesterday on Spires. The 2nd phase spear would not register as a hit and would respawn the orbs causing a wipe and eventually us giving up on the dungeon an hour later. The tank tried twice, I tried once, then the host Druid tried. Same result every time. I had 230 ms not sure if that was a factor. It ended up being a pretty big waste of time. Not sure if lag is an issue here, anyone else experience this?

Yes, lag is the issue. This bug has been known about since release. Don’t attempt to throw the spear if you have high ping. If you’re in a combined oceanic/US group, get the group leader to throw since they will have the best ping.

It’s not just lag, though. She’s super finicky about registering it sometimes, even on a really good connection. I run at ~25-30 ms, and I’ve nailed her center mass while she was stationary and still had it fail to register. There’s actually a thread around here about it somewhere…

Edit: wait, you even posted in that thread, Aewendil!

It’s not really got anything to do with the quality of your connection, it’s that the game allows you to form groups with people playing on servers located 15,000km apart.

Yes, but this is even when I’m playing with people on my server (ie. guildies), who are also EST timezone.

that fight is just buggy all around. had one the other night (just m0 fortunately) where we all dropped the orbs off at the spear but it never activated. (yes, we checked to make sure nobody still had the carrying anima debuff.)

It’s different bugs (likely).

Been bugged since launch. They wont fix it