Spires of Ascension spear bug last boss

Oh so it’s not just me, that’s good to know. There are bugs that are 100% going to be key killers for some groups on top of the enemies that hit like absolute trucks on a +2 against a 190+ iLVL tank, this game not only needs ghostbusters, it needs Iron Man and Bruce Banner to mathematically figure out the tuning numbers.

2 Likes

Same here, I can’t count how many +9~+11’s our group hasn’t been able to time because of it glitching on the LAST SPEAR THROW, I have several twitch clips with it simply not passing the boss, it showing me CLEARLY AIMING AT THE BOSS, but the explosion doesn’t trigger her last phase, also several other twitch clips with friends doing it, ME SEEING IT EXPLODE RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOSS but the phase change doesn’t happen

This is *&$#ed up

3 Likes

Hey guys I got a clip of it happening in our key today, it happend twice! Blizz please fix this!
To avoid this happening a suggestion until they fix it would be to grab spear then zoom in with your camera window until the friendly NPC is not in view. I think the spear might be detecting the friendly npc despite the spear target being lined up with the boss.

I’ve posted a clip up of it on my stream BrutuspugimusNZ on twitch <3

Cheaaa from Work and Income Horde Barthilas

1 Like

just happened to me, I tried about 15 times, it’s disheartening

Had this happen to me last night, was pretty shocked cuz ive done spires dozens of times and never missed a spear before lol, I was 100% it hit the boss and then nothing happened.

It seems to be a weird latency issue, I’ve also seen people blatantly miss and have it register as a hit

3 times so far. Lovely.

3 Likes

Heya it’s 3/28 today and it still isn’t fixed.

1 Like

you could do something radical like… report it?

chatting about it in GD won’t accomplish much.

From decemeber

Also multiple other posts about this from the last couple of weeks.

To be honest, when it comes to bugs a lot of chat in GD seems to accomplish more than reporting it.

I did also report it on the bug section, like, 3 months ago.

I saw patch notes saying this was fixed, is it broken again now?

Apparently according to some.

the post you linked, mentions 3 bugs.

bugs should have a single thread for each issue.

(not sure if the sticky is still there which states this, most of the stickies in every section of the forum got lost in the transition to this new derpy software)

if it was fixed, this would be a new bug. (even if the buggy behavior is the same)

…but that wouldn’t give people the opportunity to bag out the small indie company :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG, you’re right. It doesn’t count now.

My bad…

1 Like

It’s my lowest timed dungeon due to this bug. Makes me not want to bother doing it too.

It’s funny, I remember back in December when I first witnessed this bug and I thought that would take 2-4 weeks to be fixed, yet here we are…

Another bug that they forget to fix is Momentum Blink going in the wrong direction in the necrolis of Necrotic Wake.

Frankly, it could just be a server issue. Was running SOA with an OCE lead & tank wasn’t, he missed the spear multiple times. Finally a dh dps who was on the same server as lead did it and went off smoothly. Only time this has ever been an issue. Which is sad, don’t like to check these things when forming groups. Till then, safest would be to pass lead to the tank before running into the dungeon.

Could be now, was not when I last ran into the issue because I was lead and doing the spear and I run at some 16MS, lag was definitely not an issue for me.

thankfully, your snark totally over-ruled everything!

…it even changed the fact that this had been hotfixed, and the bug isn’t the same bug!
(oh wait, nope… that didn’t happen)