Spires of Ascension - Devos bugged

Devos is bugged in Spires of Ascension. On a +4 she came down and started the encounter when the far left add was pulled. On a +6, our dungeon team hit her with the spear in the SECOND spear phase and she did not come down. We re-picked up the orbs, hit her AGAIN. She did not come down. We thought we “MAY” have missed the first time but it took us 4 buggy tries, 3 wipes and a failed key to get her down out of the sky. It was the same SECOND spear phase every single time. On the last attempt, she came down after the first hit in the SECOND spear phase and she was killed.

4 Likes

I have “missed” Devos multiple times despite aiming straight at her midsection. This can make or break a timed key. Extremely frustrating, and it’s a magnet for player rage, as if tanks don’t have enough on their shoulders.

I ask early around orphinium “hey, who wants to do spear” and everyone just shouts NOT IT.

If everyone is avoiding doing a certain but if content, is it actually good content?

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been in a group before where we’ve hit her 3 or 4 times with the spear and she didn’t come down. Even the players who weren’t throwing the spear could see it hit her and do the animation but then she just ignored it completely and didn’t come down.

On a +8 devos came down and attacked after the left most add was dead while the other 2 were still floating in the air and again in the same key the spear throw didnt hit devos and I watched it fly through her chest and she just sat in the air, Same bug as the guys posting above me and it killed the key.

in my 13+ run she came down on the last add, it wiped us, but we still managed to time. She was also wearing an “elf-hat”. So $%#@ing troll.

I had the same issue happen for the first time today, aimed the spear hit her the first time, she landed. Second time she went up, hit her and she did not land. We proceeded to do this another two times before wiping. We continued trying until the timer ran out, and tried another two times after that and still got the same bug. I’m aware that you can miss the spear throw, however even waiting patiently for her to stop moving and landing a direct hit she still continued to not land during the second intermission. Not sure what was happening. We all had a good laugh and decided it was none of our faults and went our separate ways but regardless the fight is clearly bugged. I’m surprised I’m not hearing more rage about this considering m+.

We were doing the third boss when she magically appeared out of nowhere one shotting everyone. It was a +12 if that matters.

still bugged till now, its so fustrating reaching in time and dont make it cuz a bug.

We just did +12 earlier and the tank was complaining it didn’t hit her as well. It caused us to wipe 5 times then he said someone else do it, I’m not doing it anymore. I thought he didn’t know how to aim. I guess he was right.

this happened in a +17 tonight. bugged at the spear transition period.

Just tried a 7 no go on second toss. waiting till she stopped and toss nothing
whole party tried same. after 5 times tank rage quit.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/devos-spear-is-bugged-in-3-different-ways-and-only-1-of-them-was-fixed/803925