Spiders & Arachnophobia

I’m gonna say no, because if your phobia is appealed to, then everybody else’s phobia should be appealed to. And that’s impossible to do.

There’s a phobia for literally everything out there. If you can’t get over it, don’t do the quest. People with other phobias aren’t out there asking Blizzard to appeal to them, so arachnophobia shouldn’t really be given special treatment either.

3 Likes

Yeah they also have a filter to remove deep sea stuff, because fear of deep water is extremely common too.

2 Likes

Yes it should, it occurs in vastly more people. It’s a very genetic thing from when people died from venom back in the day before antidotes.

Due to how common it is, I consider it a reasonable request.

spiders are friends

~chilibean sets the little thing outside on a leaf~
:herb: :spider:
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

4 Likes

I wish they could change them because right now if I see one it’s dead I don’t care either, even killed that giant one in outland gggrr.

1 Like

I do love Spiders. I wonder what they’d do for the nerubian dungeons (wtlk) and aq40 and stuff. I mean most of those are more like beetles but still.

would be cool if they just made mobs into big potatoes of various kinds >:D

I did get kinda spooked when someone pulled out the giant black widow from shadowlands. that mount kinda gives me the reeps ngl (i like being a lil spooked doe)

Hmm, now I’m hungry french fries.

The worst thing about a phobia is that its irrational by nature, so there doesn’t have to be any rhyme or reason for it.

I say it’s a natural reaction, like one popping out of dark hole(which happen to me) first thing I did was react ,yes I did.

Ah I feel you. But for me… it’s worms. Is there even a phobia for those? Lol

Must be, I had actual nightmares about crust bursters in hellfire peninsula. Was afraid to go back for a while.

They just pop out the ground and flail around a bit. It made my heart race and then I’d feel sick.

They have some new diglett Pokémon out now that is a white worm thing. It’s skinnier and weird. Does the same thing to me when I see it. Weird huh!

I’ve tried out the arachnaphobia slider in Grounded and some of the phobia settings seem scarier than the regular spiders.

1 Like

I agree. For the sake of my mental and emotional wellbeing, and in order to avoid traumatizing their audience, Blizzard should have a toggle that turns all hostile NPCs in the game into bowls of fruit.

1 Like

Alot of WoLK content has spiders, just a heads up.

:panda_face:

1 Like

In all fairness, spiders bite so it’s understandable.

I’m afraid of wasps / hornets (i can deal with bees). I scream and run away if i see one. They sting, they hurt, and are meanie heads.

It took all i could to get rid of the hornets nest on the side of the house. I smacked it with a broom and just ran like crazy to get inside. Most terrifying thing ever.

They should give all hunters a spider starting pet.

Funnily enough, this is why you sometimes see spiders as hunter pets in PvP. Even funnier in that I think they’re a ferocity pet at the moment.

4 Likes

Look, I know about the problem of phobias, many of them are not going to make me fight your problem, but like Rupert Grint in Harry Potter at a young age he had no problems representing it.

We have to take it seriously, Coulrophobia, Arachnophobia, hafephobia, agoraphobia, bogiphobia are things that every day gaming company tries to prevent people from awakening their great fears due to the problem of people like you but cause phobia to the censors because of the game they your own well-being.

That is why it is more worrying about the damage you cause by playing just because of a problem that you will not be able to fight no matter how hard you try or how much you help, for that there is always psychological help.

In my case, for a Coulrophobia, I would have wanted a Raid Boss Troll with the appearance of a nightmare clow for the emerald dream, something like that that is not like Pennywise, but is like Piedmon in Digimon.

//////https://youtu.be/x0n3FaShxok?t=80

But that’s not why I would like it to lose one of the most terrifying parts that it shows as a feeling but of darkness that there is in WoW, something like that: spiders, there will always be spiders, and believe me, the only one that caused terror was in Naxxramas, but there are worse games that it shows phobias as in the case of Blood PC.

////https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_tiY8OOoxY&

For me, the worst phobia due to these sensitivities is that Blizzard should let WoW be a video game, and just be something gray…

Arachnophobia is a very common phobia and accessibility settings for it aren’t unheard of but with WoW don’t know how easy it would be :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

As for addons no well not ones that are allowed anyway.

I think dealing with the make-believe spiders in the game will help you get over your fear.

Avoiding them is like avoiding the cure