Spells being used on previous target instead of current target

I’ve been having this issue since 9.2 came out and first noticed it healing in M+ runs. I would swap to a new friendly target to use a heal and occasionally the heal would go off on the previous target. At first I thought it was just server lag or lag within my home connection. But then I had the bug occur where I swapped target, casted a Healing Wave into a Riptide on the same person. The Healing Wave went on the current target but the riptide went on myself without changing targets (no riptide legendary or macros used). This is where I went from thinking it was lag to a possible bug.

Then today in a timewalking run, it was basically confirmed when I used Blessing of Sacrifice on one of my dps players and it went on my previous target instead. The previous target being myself. Now, using Blessing of Sacrifice on yourself should be impossible yet it happened to me. When it did I stopped to confirm it indeed was my own buff and not another players.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? It happens to me a dozen times per day now. I cant think of any other variables that could cause it.

• Only started in 9.2
  • Same PC build and peripherals
  • No macros or healing addons used
  • Seems to happen mostly with instant cast spells

I don’t really have any video evidence, but I’m going to work on that next.

1 Like

There were new click and mouseover functions added in 9.2. You may want to take a look at the options under Interface Options → Combat and see if adjusting them helps your problem. I have not tried to use these features yet personally, and I also don’t think I’ve had any issues with healing with the standard raid frames.

This was a potential workaround mentioned by another player in a tech support thread about raid frame delays by going into the options I mentioned above:

EDIT: I can tell within a few minutes of testing that this wont work sadly. Its basically turns on “the bug” permanently.
I appreciate the suggestion. I’ll copy what he did and test it out for a few days

Sorry to hear that. I figured it was worth a shot to try. Have you tried doing a UI reset just to see if that helps? You can rename the folders temporarily and swap them back if there is no improvement.

Yep! I’m having this issue as well. I’m trying to get a video of it to send to Blizz but it’s very intermittent. I haven’t been able to replicate it on video the last couple of days, but it was horribly bad at one point, particularly right around the launch of 9.2. I play a resto druid and it’s mostly an issue with my instant cast heals.

I figured out the issue, I posted it here:

2 Likes