Spell batching lowers your DPS, causes tanks to die and wipes raids - get rid of it

Venruki played Vanilla and TBC. He wears a TBC rank 1 arena title. Lol.
I don’t know if Cdew played vanilla but he definitely played TBC. He has glad mounts from TBC.

So if anything, the old guard is actually still on top, you just provided counterevidence.

I still can’t believe people are surprised that cdew wins tournaments. elemental shamans are stupid strong, especially at level 40.

high base damage? check
high burst potential? check
low hp enemies? check
offensive dispell? check
heals that scale with your spell power? check

what a shocker.

1 Like

Is this deja vu or did you try to revive, practically verbatim, a dead discussion?

Spell batching might have its issues, but those issues do not impede gameplay for Classic. They impede twitchy reflex gameplay and hail mary spellcasts. I’m not sure at what point that became the reality of WoW’s gameplay, but I am confident it wasn’t during Vanilla and won’t be for Classic.

That’s not to say that I don’t understand where you’re coming from; I do, but I feel like your desires are not in keeping with this game’s spirit. Rewarding effective GCD timing down to a couple milliseconds, plotting for effective casts where the difference between a heal or bubble landing- these are glorious features in a game with a much faster pace and more chaotic situations, something more akin to esports and flashy effects.

I’m glad that you, and many if not most others, have improved your skills in this arena since 2004-6. I’d like to believe I have as well. However, these are not the skills that Classic is designed to reward or require. Maybe it’s just my opinion, but this kind of contrast to retail is a good thing.

1 Like

This guy missed 2 batches. Lol

Players in 2019 are dumb as bricks, on average.

In 2006 people who played computer games were basement dwelling neckbeards. I was there. I was one, and had been one for 15 years already. WoW was probably the 1000th game I played.

We lived and breathed games. We hacked them, modded then (remember how counter strike and DOTA came about? That’s right, amateur neckbeards writing C++ and modelling in 3DS Max), we beat games without using guides and sims because they didn’t exist and we were good. Like we didn’t have reflexes back then? I skated for 20 years and rode a downhill mountain bike and I can’t press a button on a keyboard with precision? The only thing we didn’t have back then was fast broadband connections so we allowed for latency and played around it.

Kids these days don’t know squat. They couldn’t open a text editor let alone put something into it. They don’t know how to fix their own network, they can’t even make their own food.

So swallow your BS and deal with how the game works. If you can’t, then you’re not as good as you think and you’ll get beat by people that are.

5 Likes

You better phone Blizz because they’re gonna need to work EXTRA hard for spell batching to be removed from all their games because guess what my ignorant BELF friend…

Spell batching is in BFA also, it’s just tuned differently.

What we were after regarding spell batching is that it’s done authentically to the original Vanilla experience.

This is truth and modern players do not enjoy the hard truth.

1 Like

Can anybody corroborate this? This sounds like BS. I’ve watched videos of the “old guard” - they’re all keyboard turners. There’s no way they can compete with guys like Perplexity/Esfand.

i have never seen a heal go off and the target die anyways. I have seen an execute crit a guy for more hp than he had but his heal saved him though. How does it even work, is it somewhat random or do players live if a heal is on the stack?

every online game has what world of warcraft calls spell batching.

batching is what other games call server tick rate. the tick rate was noticeable back in 2004, now most people cant tell its there on well optimized games

OP, spell bashing was not really a thing. It was for the one’s that did not use half of there skills at the time. But anyways, it is part of classic and i hope they don’t change it like they stated before it will be like back in the day’s.

If you don’t like this then please still give it a try and if you don’t like it well no issue here your still not going to pay for it your sub will only count towards retail anyways. No loss for you even if you cant play it or refuse to.

You are trollin boy, as those 2 have also been around forever.

Than stay in bfa. If you don’t like it.

Easy fix.

The moment someone claims to be smartet now or to have perfect game play. They lose all credibility.

1 Like

Stay in bfa. You have no idea about what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Just fyi - my opinion is in the majority. If you don’t believe me then go to the classic wow subreddit.

Don’t plan on ever getting old, huh?

1 Like

So its stupid that you can’t level in 2 days to max level, realize that no one else is going to be near your level for a week or so, and you can’t do any group content 'cause you have no one to run with? Ah… youth… Classic is not the place to whine about power leveling. Enjoy the content man! Relax! Get your money’s worth! (or maybe your parent’s money’s worth? >.> )

2 Likes

The fact that you think reddit is even a thought in the playerbase is laughable.

1 Like

The fact that you don’t know that Blizzard listens to reddit is laughable.

Look at all of the Hunter bugs that got fixed here:

Wanna know why there’s a blue post about Hunters and not the other classes with bugs? Because reddit complained about Hunters.

And now I’m here to tell you that if Classic wants to appeal to the next/better generation of players, it needs to be changed and spell batching has to go. The raiding in Classic is dumb/easy but if they add more content later then it could be good - but only if stuff like spell batching and leeway is gone.