SPEC"S included for new PC

I have been looking to upgrade from Laptop to Desk top. Wanted to know opinions on it but it will not let me link it. Why ?

Not sure. You could copy all the specs from the specifications section and past it.

That said, I used to build my own myself, but this latest time, I just bought one from Best Buy, with the specs I wanted, and it arrived in a day or two. I just made sure it had an SSD and the best graphics card I was willing to pay for.

1 Like

You can post a non click link, by enclosing it with the ` symbol before and after the link.

google.com

It’s because you are new though, you have to get a trust level built up to get more permissions.

This is detailed in a sticky post, and welcome.

3 Likes

I am using a I7-4790k with a Zotac 770 for a video card. Like you said best graphics card your willing to pay for, as availability and price are a bit out of proportion right now. Use to be video cards where cheaper then CPU and motherboard, but now they are double to triple.

2 Likes

Desktop computers will almost always perform better than a laptop. Right now though gaming PCs, particularly ones with decent graphics cards, are very expensive. Some people end up buying a cheap gaming PC that has a good graphics card, then upgrading the components that it is lacking or just simply build a custom one with the card they got from the cheap computer.

1 Like

What are you looking for (video editing, etc.) and what games are you planning to play on it?

1 Like

Thank you so much for reply’s . Mostly just play wow . Here are the specs

Processor
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800 (8-Core, 36MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.6GHz)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home English

Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6

Memory
32GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz; up to 128GB (additional memory sold separately)

Hard Drive
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

Chassis Options
Dark Side of the Moon chassis with Low-Profile Smart Cooling CPU Heatsink and 550W Power Supply

Wireless
Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 5.1

Keyboard
Multi-Media Keyboard

Mouse
Optical Mouse MS116AW

Base
Alienware Aurora R10

Driver
Wireless Driver for Killer 1650 Card

Cable
US Power Cord

Documentation/Disks
Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French Multi-language)

Retail Packing Label

Packaging
Shipping Material

Configuration Type
Custom Configuration

Processor Branding
AMD Ryzen™ 7 Label

Additional Software
Additional Software

Protect your purchase
1 Year Hardware Warranty with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis

Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed)
No Microsoft Office License Included 30 day Trial Offer Only

Security Software
No Anti-virus Requested

1 Like

I would buy a newer video card if at all possible, that one is 3 generations old.
It’ll be fine for wow, but lacking for anything newer.

1 Like

This one ok ? NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6

Also looking at this monitor

Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2521H, G-sync, 360
Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2521H, G-sync, 360Hz, 1ms

Total price for both $ 2412.00