Conduit Problem with Specs

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderSuccessfulGnatFailFish
Wow Ion I love you feeling like being adaptable and wanting to play my class should leave me disadvantaged. And this is in an expansion focused on "class over spec identity". Ridiculous. 

Good bye off-tanking.
3 Likes

My biggest worry as well.

Azerite and essences were annoying enough.

I dont expect to not be sub-optimal in secondary roles but it really boils down to HOW MUCH the sub-optimal is.
Edit:
Like I’m ok with the tank focused player having better tank gear via stat combos and tank trinkets. But I dont wanna go through the azerite bs again.

So which is it?

1 Like

I just hate it when they actively punish you for trying to play another spec. In bfa its grind a whole new set of azerite armor and the reforging cost instead of just swapping azerite powers with spec like it should have been. Now I have to destroy my conduits and refarm them everytime I change spec and don’t want to play a gimped version.

I don’t expect to be sub-optimal, I am a good player and I can play the other specs but I expect to not be hindered by blizzard artificially limiting it.

Is it not better for me to be playing more of my class? If I experiment with more specs I will play longer.

3 Likes

The question is can we use a DIFFERENT soulbind with different conduits/relics for the off spec?

Edit 2: if we had a ton of tanks in this game Id be liek sure but Tanks are a big problem and most of what ill be doing is dps soooo…

I think so, but different soulbinds also mess up the effects because it is a different soulbind. I’d rather it was just like essences where they change conduits based on spec.

I off tank now and I won’t be doing much of that in shadowlands.

Like I’ve said before… Leave it to Blizzard to hit us with a convoluted, poorly designed system to put a damper on the entire experience.

3 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

Ya they really have 0 clue on what they’re doing in this game

All these lame systems they constantly try to implore in this game, or punish you for playing different specs.

This is what happens when you hire someone from a game forum whose theorycrafting community was often wrong.

1 Like

Yeah it always seems needlessly complicated and like some sort of odd celebration dev ingenuity, while at the same time denying us new talents with borrowed power.

Like just give us a fun game. They come up with all these systems and I’m just sitting here like; “where my armor dyes and wvwvw, Blizz?”.

1 Like

The intent seems to be to turn specs into what are basically Advanced Classes, but the question is why first of all, and second why now?

Especially since this is the expac where they were talking about “class over spec identity”.

I’m all about this idea in theory.

Ascended classes.

But they shouldn’t be temporary. They should be there moving forward. Maybe not conduits and soulbinds but covenant skills? That would be class advancement.

Nowhere near the advances other games do but it’s a nice start.

I had a post a few days ago about the idea of class combos. Entitled “imagine. Class combos” btw, made a Google spreadsheet for it.

Got to be too much when I realized I needed to come up 144 classes lol

So much weird stuff in SL. I’ll probably just turn leveling off and stay level 50 and do old raids.

Some of the biggest losers are classes who have more than one role. You like to play all three specs of your class? Wait, you want to play PvP and PvE? You better reroll your class 12 times so you can have all 3 specs having all 4 covenants abilities so you are somewhat relevant.

1 Like