Spare Parts Computer for WOW

I built a computer a while ago that died. Trying to revive it and make it a dedicated wow computer.

i5 6600K
16GB RAM
500GB SSD

I need to replace the RAM. I have a Vega 56 Video card. I have an Ultrawide monitor at 3440X1440 @60HZ.

Will this run WOW well? on this monitor?

For a cheap solution this works but WoW still needs CPU horsepower for raids and large scale PVP.

Microcenter has a 9400F and board for less than $200 or a Ryzen 3600 and board for $300. You can keep the rest of the components.

The i5-6600k is still great for WoW, including raids and large scale pvp.

4 Likes

Not with 4 cores it’s not. Much better experience with 6 core+.

How will this video card work for wow?

VEGA 56 will be more than enough.

What motherboard should I get to go with the Ryzen 3600? I am not going to overclock.

i think the 6600k would actually do pretty fine running that monitor on high settings. it’s right on the borderline of where i’d be thinking about upgrading even if i had one just lying around - if you have the money and this isn’t a side project but a comp you want running wow for a while, i’d probably go ahead and get the 3600.

1 Like

I ordered new RAM. Gonna try out the 6600 and see how it does. I’ll buy the 3600 if needed.

1 Like

Your RAM is fine, that’s probably the last component you need changed. An Asrock B450 Fatality will work fine with a Ryzen 3600.

I ended up ordering a 3600 cpu, b450 motherboard, 16GB of Ram. I’m going to reuse my power supply and Vega 56 graphics card.

Good choice

That 3600 would have been future proof anyway vs the 6600k, because the cores and threads

If any doubts look at this thread, 3 hour video but it matches close to the 9900k he benchmark WoW few months ago

New build is great. Highly recommend the the 3600 processor.