Sowing Discord (Silverpine Forest)

The quest is HEAVILY bugged and has been reported multiple times. (Cause Marstone is WAY overtuned and 2 shots you unless you’re over leveled for the zone and you can’t have someone come help since it’s a zoned quest)

BUT for those who are a rogue this is my suggestion: Do it as combat, clear out the mobs in the area, then use pistol shot on him as you kite him around (Don’t let him in melee he’ll one shot you), but if you do this it’ll take a shorter amount of time to kill him. He’ll cast chain lightning which can chunk you down over time but crimson vile should help you out.

If you do this as another class please leave it in the comments so people can find this and not get stuck on this quest for 2 hours like I did.

I am on a level 36 and this guy hits me for almost all of my health. I can’t heal myself fast enough to survive…I have tried four times now. This guy hits like over 900 and then hits me for the rest while hardly any damage is being done via me or the other npcs with me. I have no idea how to fight this guy…lol

It is possible this one was poorly scaled, but it is intended that you let your Worgen buddies tank him, not you. Do the absolute minimum you can to get the General’s attention then try to survive without hitting back long enough for the NPCs pull him off you. Then just assist them, don’t unload your full power. You don’t want to get his focus back.

I’ve run a number of undead over the years, mostly locks, but now I’m on an arcane mage (still undead) The Marstone quest has always been a hard battle, I usually wipe once or twice but eventually I get him. After that is capturing commander Lorna, usually a quick fight and then run to Sylvanus. After that is the quest, Cities in dust which is straightforward enough.

2 days ago I was getting to the end of the siverpine quests and got to the marstone quest. It took 3 of us (each with the 3 accompanying npc’s) 4 attempts to kill marstone, after that I was looking forward to the ‘easy’ capture commander lorna quest, nah she wiped me instantly 2 times, then 3 others joined in and we only wiped once. Off to Sylvanus for the final quest. Nah, she gives you the quest and then disappears, you get a ‘cities in dust failed’ message and Sylvanus reappears as a quest giver.

YES. This questline is for some reason completely bugged these days, I don’t know if Blizzard are preparing for something drastic in Siverpine or if they can’t be bothered to fix it as it has been reported multiple times by multiple people over multiple days.

Hopefully when I logon today the quest will be finally fixed (and hopefully the overpower problem with the toons too) so I can finish my Silverpine questline.

Just logged on and nope, three days later the questline is still broken.

Blizzard! This SPECIFIC NPC has been a problem since BEFORE 2015! Wake the heck up!

1 Like

just did this lvl 38 warrior just kite him around and let others kill him. i would charge soon as he casts chain lightning and hamstring him run off before he could hit me. Also pretty much same on next part of quest just slow them however and let others kill him. takes time but works

This quest is impossible to solo as a fire mage.

Finally completed the quest - after about 6-8 tries as a level 23 arcane mage. It was EXTREMELY difficult but it is possible. It takes a while to figure out how to avoid collecting agro while still completing the quest. (Basically, don’t even bother attacking. Just wait for him to notice you and let the NPC’s do the damage - be prepared to run away a few times until the NPC’s gain his attention again though, as every so often he goes after you no matter what you do or don’t do.) Just be sure to clear the rest of the attackers in the area so you’ve got some area to escape from his line of sight. Also, don’t forget to swoop in and attack when he’s about to die so you get the credit. Hope this helps!

Hey guys it’s 2020 and Blizzard somehow has less collective years of gaming design experience than Riot amirite haha so anyway this s*** is still bugged, the healer still heals for 3% of your max health per cast (if he casts) while he three shots you in melee, great job y’all

Here’s how to solo it as a 38+ Assassination Rogue

Kill as many mobs as you can beforehand, use Shadowstep to Sap/Blind the ones you need to before your idiot goons pull the whole camp since only Some Mobs follow you into stealth

Stay back as far as you can, and throw Poisoned Knife with Crippling poison no more than once every eight (8) seconds or else he’ll aggro on you - this is so that he kills one of your goons, which I know you want him to do :wink: yw

After that run tf away and keep spamming Poison Blade every six seconds to kite him, go in to reapply your Garrote/Rupture/DP when he casts Chain Lightning and then Shadowstep to your remaining goons

Pop Crimson Vial when you get to about 60% health, if you have heirloom necklace then save it for about 20% health since cd starts out of combat

Sprint in emergency situations, Evasion if he’s hitting you more than twice

Got it on the fifth try after successfully proving that it’s impossible to win the fight normally, what basement is Activision keeping the bugfixing team in exactly