Southshore - More than a fishing town?

The canon is changed at the whims of the game and Cdev. Worgens momentarily had tails and Gilneas was a blighted ruin but now the Forsaken occupy it.

Bit weird they control Gilneas but not Southshore if you asked me.

At any rate I don’t care about what they tell me. I care about what they show me. And thus far the only thing shown is a Southshore that received it’s just and deserved end.

If it gets revisited my hope is Gilneas gets it. Beyond that it can stay as is, far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

I wish this logic worked so we could just accept Shadowlands didn’t happen lmao…

Don’t forget parts of BfA just kinda outright said the Alliance had Gilneas. Lets be completely fair- Danuser is a Forsaken player, he’s writing crap like this for the Forsaken because it’s his niche. It’s why he’s so detrimental to every other niche he touches.

But it is narratively boring for Forsaken to maintain this hold when, realistically, they’re the finite dead vs the infinite life.

Also sorry man, completely missed this.

Nah so continuing blizzard’s trend of really, REALLY hating night elf lore, they forgot that when Blight was being created in wotlk, it was written to essentially be made null by dream magic. Hence why they use green dragon tears to contain it. Blizz most likely forgot or didn’t care because it hard counters them too hard- that’s almost most likely why we never got the Ancients of Wonders in Darkshore either, whereas some other Ancients from wc3 that had lore we re-added. Ancients with knowledge of alchemy and enchanting from essentially the origin of life itself are kind of just a step above the Forsaken, especially when they’d have access to a form of energy originally written to pretty much hard counter Blight.

Granted this also opens the hole of, with the lore of wotlk, druids p much being able to just blight the Forsaken back with clouds of dream energy that’ll just rot them or turn them to ash on contact, since an aura of dream magic made it so no undead, not even Arthas, could enter the Green Dragonshrine, except the player Forsaken because of gameplay conveniences (which most likely just means it was shaped to not kill them, since it works on other free willed undead that are scourge loyal.

Source on the Green Dragon Tears - https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Emerald_Dragon_Tears (Note that as shown in the quest prior, they can contain inert blight in what they already have, they need these tears to hold the active stuff. The only thing that’d be different between Green Dragon Tears and a Red Dragon, Bronze Dragon, etcs tears, is the Emerald Dream’s energies, and other quests in the zone kinda establish the energies are just a hard counter to the undead.)

I really wouldn’t put it past them to have gotten more Val’kyr or figured out a new way to raise more some other way.

Hell just get a DK to do it. They’re raising people into undeath up and down the street in Legion.

But the Alliance PC gets to play too so nobody pearl clutches about it.

And who exactly will you be raising? Unless the Forsaken are planning raids on Alliance lands to try and raise our dead and start another global war there isn’t exactly a fresh supply of new corpses.

If anything, I actually expect the whole “we got our second shot at life, maybe we don’t need to keep creating new forsaken” that was sort of teased in BtS. Also, we already know how the afterlife works, why would anyone willingly return as a forsaken?

1 Like

Seems to be an endless supply of knuckleheads that want to Lux Vult Lordaeron.

Besides the Forsaken’s navy is large enough to come the posthumous rescue of many a maritime catastrophe. The reports of the Forsaken themselves causing these incidents is of course nothing but shameful Scarlet Brotherhood conspiracy theory.

Well because;

Fairly decent chance they’ll be undead anyway. Might as well get some career skills under your belt for zombie thunderdome.

1 Like

Yeah, somehow I doubt Kul Tiras will let the Forsaken do anything like that. Hell, at this point the Alliance have the dominant position(barely) over the seas.

Also, pretty sure most of the Crusade has been wiped out and already turned into undead. We already know Scarlet Monestary has fallen and all their western plaguelands holding are Scourge controlled.

Oh? You mean the Navy that fell into Zin’Ashara?

The Forsaken raise sunken ships, they don’t build them. So presumably with no shortage of those around they’re likely a contender for the largest naval power.

If they were so capable of making the world’s largest navy why bother recruiting the Zandalari at all? There are already countless drowned ships on Azeroth afterall. It is clear their ship raising/creating has its limits. On the flip side, we know Kul Tiras is building new ships and Stormwind is a naval power in its own right.

Also, we know not all the ships fell and Kul Tiras still has a navy, unlike the Horde who lost all their navy in Zin’Ashara.

3 Likes

To get a maximum soul yield. Remember - that was Sylvanas’s whole plan. Everything was in service to that.

There was never any intention to win.

There was an intention to win, hence her goal of taking Stormwind. Getting max soul yield means actually winning the war.

2 Likes

The best soul yield comes from being able to stay in power and dominate longer, logically.

1 Like

Categorically untrue. As of the Sylvanas novel at least. Which supercedes previous lore.

And does that novel say their navy was as strong as you’re saying? Because if it doesn’t, we cant really take what you’re implying as true. One retcon doesn’t inherently change another detail when more people than just Sylvannas, multiple other characters, backed how much stronger the other navies were.

3 Likes

The Forsaken are the predominat navy in the Horde. Their boats are so commonplace you start Exile’s Reach on them.

Any hard data on that? None, whatsoever, just as there is for every single logistical question in all of Azeroth.

When was the last Orc boat given a graphical update.

Battle For Azeroth.

Although come to think that might’ve been Bilgewater. Kind of hard to tell. Either way somebody has aircraft carriers.

Any location I can go check out to verify this?

1 Like

Yes in the Faction Assault in Nazmir.

Mag’har Orc boats arent Orcish Destroyers. Orcish Destroyers model is like, from wotlk or Cata. Iron Horde boats stand out too much. Exile’s Reach also cant really prove how common their boats are because we really only see one- and then you have to acknowledge the meta side, which is that Forsaken have the most recent boat model.

Could be from WoD. Don’t know off hand but I do know the Mag’Har aren’t involved in that Assault.

They turn up in Tirisgarde to roll their doomwheels downhill.

Either way I didn’t feel the graphics looked old. Looks new enough to me.