Sound Issue after 10.0.7 - Ambience Sets to 60%

As the title mentions: “Ambience” will revert to 60% after closing then reopening the game. It doesn’t appear to be an addon issue because it does it with all disabled as well. Anyone else having this problem?

4 Likes

I have the same issue. have to adjust it every time I start the game

2 Likes

Same here. I play with ambience off, but everytime i log in i have to disable it again.
Also, i don’t hear any npc dialogues in dungeons.

1 Like

im experiencing this issue with my ambience sound.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, reset to 60% every time I reopen the game.

2 Likes

now im notice of that. and plus. the audio bug of the birds xD.

I notice you are running Details Damage Meter. There is a bug where addons can write too much info to the config.wtf file and overwrite your settings. It’s not Damage Meters fault per se but an error with how Blizzard has enabled the change.

Try disabling Details Damage Meter and see if this corrects your issue.

2 Likes

im gonna check ty. ps: i hope one day anyone of us need that damage meters anymore on this game.

No problem. I’m pretty sure this will get a fix fairly shortly. As it currently stands addons have the ability to change the game settings which is not intended.w

1 Like

Disabling details wasn’t a solution for me unfortunately. Issue still persists. I think they’re having more widespread sound issues as almost every M+ boss no longer emotes either. Something got screwed up with the patch. I’m sure they’ll resolve eventually.

1 Like

if SET Sound_AmbienceVolume (any number you have set in sounds) keeps been changing try putting Config.wtf to read only then the game might not change the Config.wtf file… it happens to SET useMaxFPS when addon(s) change Config.wtf… (if you can’t open Config.wtf to look at the SET Sound_AmbienceVolume <you can put “0” and save >.right click it and open it notepad) do this before setting the file to read only

Same issue for me, takes 2 seconds to reset it. But it’s a bit odd that I have to do this every time.

1 Like
1 Like

No acknowledgment from Blizzard yet :frowning:

This is a really annoying issue - less so the ambient volume and more so the fact that NPCs and bosses in dungeons are completely silent.

Glad that some people seem to have found the root cause though, can hopefully lead to a fix soon!

Please post about this in #support:bug-report —the devs aren’t going to see it here in the troubleshooting area.

Same issue here. Will post in bug report.

This is no longer an issue for me. I’d imagine one of the recent mini patches downloaded resolved whatever the issue was.

Seems to be fixed here as well

Just thought I would share if anyone is still having this issue… check your sound settings. Somehow my “Sound Effects, Dialog, and Ambient Sounds” had all become unchecked which was making it so I only had the background music but couldn’t hear NPC’s, Bosses, etc. Once I rechecked the boxes on all three of those settings everything was back to normal!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.