Sound Channel / Silence Bug with AirPods

Strange ongoing issue that I’ve noticed for awhile now with my M1 MacMini is that whenever my AirPods connect to the MacMini - and then disconnect - wow loses all sound. It’s just WOW. the system sounds (receiving mail/audio from music/etc) seem to continue just fine, but WOW sound just goes 100% silent. The silence will continue even if the AirPods are reconnected; it even happens if the WOW audio was never actually played through the AirPods. If say, I was taking a call near my computer and ended the call and the laptop simply recognized they were ‘nearby’ (and I’m guessing connected for a moment) it seems to be enough for WOW’s audio to shut off entirely.

I’ve found on my side that this resolves by restarting the entire WOW client OR changing the sound channel setting (System->Sound->Sound Channels). Normally I’m on ‘High (64)’. Changing this to Low or Medium will kick the sound back on immediately. I can then return it to High or leave it on medium/low and things will continue as normal.

Again, this is on an M1 Mac Mini fully patched to Monterey 12.4. I’ve been experiencing this since purchasing the Mini in January (with all the periodic WOW and Mac updates in between not making any changes), just finally got annoyed enough with it to report. This is not a ‘new’ issue.

**ETA - this is in classic - I can’t remember right now if this was happening on live too, or just in classic.