Soulshape macro

I am trying to make a macro for my first slot on my action bar.

This is what I have:
#showtooltip
/cast [noform]Soulshape;[form:3]Wild Charge;[form:4]Moonfire

Is there a modifire that changes the spell based on being in soulshape form? I’m wanting the button to change from soulshape to fliker.

thanks,

oh, found it, [form7] works

1 Like

I’m using the following macro in this Monk:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [noform] reset=20 Roll, Roll, Soulshape
/cast Flicker

Can you give an example of your form:7 macro? Mine is not detecting Soulshape.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Dreamlight Runestag
/cast [mod:shift] Mount Form
/cast [nomod,outdoors] Travel Form
/cast [nomod,swimming] Travel Form
/cast [nomod,indoors] Soulshape
/cast [nomod,outdoors,form:7] Flicker

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Dreamlight Runestag; [mod:shift] Mount Form; [outdoors] [swimming] Travel Form; [form:7] Flicker; Soulshape
1 Like

Thanks for the tip on it being form:7.

Made a few for exiting into the ‘correct form’ without incurring a global cooldown needlessly.

–Moonfire–
#showtooltip
/cancelaura Soulshape
/cast [form:4] Sunfire; Moonfire
(because I like my button to be Sunfire if I’m in moonkin)

If you hit moonfire in Soulshape, it turns you caster, even as a bear prior to shifting. This way, it’ll cancel instead of casting, then cast as bear if I was bear.

–Bear Form–
#showtooltip Bear Form
/cancelaura [form:7] Soulshape
/cast [form:1] Mangle
/cast [noform:1] Bear Form

As it uses my caster form’s hotbar, I generally want to open with some sort of bear attack. I may also do one for thrash but my usual shift-to-bear turns into Mangle. This will cancel soulshape if I’m in it (not entirely sure this is needed tbh, I’m super sleep deprived) and then try to cast mangle, and if it fails due to form, it puts me in bear form. Had to be this order, otherwise it actually was cancelling my bear form because of the weirdness of Druid forms…

EDIT: The Moonfire one Does Not and Cannot work.

It always defaults to trying to use the Caster version of Moonfire no matter what conditionals you put on it, which results in leaving bear form immediately after dropping soulshape.

Mangle and Thrash versions do work, however.

#showtooltip Bear Form
/cancelaura [form:7] Soulshape
/cast [noform:1] Bear Form; Mangle

[Form:7] condition doesn’t seem to work for me. Tried the following.

/cast [outdoors] [swimming] Travel Form; [form:7] Flicker; Soulshape

/cast [stance:7]Flicker;[swimming][stance:1/2/3/5/6,outdoors][nostance,outdoors]Travel Form;[indoors][combat]Soulshape;

Travel form always seems to override the flicker whilst in soulshape.

/cast [form:7] Flicker

The above doesn’t even register whilst in soulshape.

Apparently 7 changes depending on your number of forms known.

Hit up a rested area so you can stay in soulshape then tweak 7 in this macro till you find the number that works.

#showtooltip
/use [form:7] Hearthstone
3 Likes

Had to use my Dalaran Hearthstone because I have my toy one. Went from 1-20 to realize it wasn’t working. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But that did the trick! It was form 6 for me, probably because I don’t have moonkin form on my druid. Thank you!

Use this to find your current form:

/run local x = GetShapeshiftForm() print(x)
5 Likes

Can simplify that to

/dump GetShapeshiftForm()
4 Likes

any have a macro here for shamans to detect when you’re in soulshape? i ran that command and… it was the same value for ghostwolf as with soulshape…

In what context?

You could use an add-on to check whether you have the buff, but you can’t use that information to do anything in a macro, for example.

Well soil shape and ghost wolf share the exact same “form” value in a macro so it’s impossible to distinguish between them with a macro.

I don’t do addons

What is it you’re trying to accomplish?

When I say “in what context” I mean is this for strolling around town, solo questing, herb farming, actively in combat, dungeons, pvp, etc.

You can do less with macros and addons in combat than you can out of combat, and you can do less in instanced content than in the open world. PvE and PvP each have some of their own conditions on what is/isn’t allowed.

Actually you do.

The client itself is a collection of about 80 “addons” that control how it’s presented and how it behaves.

The “I don’t do addons” bias is based on a degree of ignorance about how the game itself is contructed.

This is what I’ve been using and it seems to work pretty nicely:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [form:7,nomod] Flicker;[mod:shift] Soulshape;[form:0/1/2/4/5/7,outdoors] Mount Form;[indoors] Cat Form; [form:6] Mount Form
/cancelform [mod:ctrl:0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7]

/cancelform [mod:ctrl:0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7]
The :0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7 is invalid syntax.

Should be able to simplify the whole thing to this:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [nomod,form:7] Flicker; [mod:shift] Soulshape; [indoors] Cat Form; Mount Form
/cancelform [mod:ctrl]