Soulbind conduit energy - they don't want us to multi-spec

your off-spec will suffer, as you have to reserve the best soulbind for your main-spec.

3 Likes

It’s actually such stupid terrible design. My wife has her feral druid she wants to pvp on so it’s necrolord. But she also wants to try boomkin and resto which needs night fae. So now she’s leveling another druid. What a God awful design.

Conduit energy similarly is stupid. If you judt wanna change specs in the same covenants you can only do it a few times before you’re locked.

I hope Ion is ashamed of himself

12 Likes

Careful, you’re going to awaken the wrath of the forum users that think its “MeAnIngFulL ChOiCe”. The meaningful choice is picking your class and the covenant. Conduit energy is a crappy unimaginative restriction for want of a better idea.

4 Likes

They’ve been fiercely anti-off-spec since at least Legion. They really, really, really, REALLY don’t want people to off-spec.

1 Like

Don’t worry they’ll ease up on the conduit energy thing in 15 months.

2 Likes

Vhx is correct, come 9.2 (in 15 months) they will say “we’ve listened to feedback and we have decided to remove conduit energy!” And then everybody will be praising Lizard on the forums.

if it was positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement would you tolerate it?
like a reward for not offspeccing or not respeccing talents or soulbinds?

This is wrong, Blizzard don’t want any spec to suffer from having a different soulbind because they want all soulbinds to be good.

If there are any soulbinds that currently aren’t good, we should point those out so that Blizzard can buff them!

I don’t think that is true OP, I just think they made the incorrect assumption that people would use different soul binds for them.

The WoW team are trying to nip the Diablo 3 problem, where all Barbarians are the same. They want your character to feel like YOUR character. And it is a good goal to strive for in my personal opinion. The game is an RPG. If your character is Boomkin/Resto, and someone else is Resto/Boomkin, you are the “same” character and that feels bad, you don’t feel attached to your character.

All this said, the Conduit system sucks. I think Covenants and spec-specific Legendaries are a good way to encourage maining a spec, but I think Conduits and Conduit energy are just a failed system, the whole Conduit thing should just be scrapped. Does anyone get excited to get a new Conduit? Not really. Does anyone feel personally attached to their Conduit build? Not really. They should just chunk this stuff in 9.2 IMO. It feels weird they’re doubling down with empowered conduits. Maybe giving it one lass hurrah before it goes into the bin, ideally.

This was the point:

More characters, more time played. Simple.

1 Like

If they wanted my character to feel like my character, they’d do an actual good job of balancing covenant abilities.

But that’s not how it works at all. I’m more likely to stay subscribed and play more when I can put more into a single character. The fact that I can’t is absurd.

I hope Ion sees all the rage he got after the last interview he did and takes a hard look at himself and gets past this stage of utter incompetence for the better of a game that used to have 9 million people subscribed to it.

Hopefully each spec isn’t using the same soulbind or you’re in trouble lol.

Blizzard isn’t even trying to hide the fact that they want you playing/paying longer. They’re more focused on systems that keep the cash rolling in and forgetting that if they focus on fun gameplay first they’ll make more money. Some where along the design process they’ve lost their way.

Ok so at most you would do what 5 conduits on a soul bind when switching specs? In reality that number is much smaller as there is a lot of over lap.

Now personally I think switching between dps specs regularly is stupid but I’ll cut you some slack and assume you are pvping and play a different spec for that.

You could swap to your PvP set up and back at least once a day and realistically more than that. So what’s the problem.

To be clear I’m fine with them removing conduit energy but frankly I think people are blowing this up to be a much bigger deal than it is.

My off-specs require different soulbinds. So I got to be one of the “set it and forget it” people.

Most of them are spec-specific, it isn’t about individual conduits being good or bad.

I got lucky on my Kyrian shaman, as resto and enhance have different “best” soulbinds. This stuff was always going to be a nightmare and impossible to balance. I can only assume it’s working as intended, which is pretty crappy.

same boat. i main boomie and mainly do pve. now im into pvp to run out the patch. i still do pve stuff for weekly key and raid. why the F should i have to get rid of convoke, which is the biggest damage contribution for boomie, just so i can run necro for feral in pvp. i know, i dont have to run necro for feral in pvp. nothing is making me do it. know what? gives me the best chance to win. your dang right i wanna do it. plus, i just want to play with some other ability ffs. im bored of the game so let me play around and get creative without sacrificing my performance in different aspects of the game.