Soul Reaper back with execute?

if if we got soul reaper back baseline and the execute came back would you want it’s working like it does now with the execute added on?

link to the BFA forum
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/executes-need-to-be-baseline-and-nukes-for-9-0/370298

5 Likes

It’s great that your a idea factory at times, but if Soul Reaper comes back to Frost and as an execute, I’m fine with just Killing Machine procing on it.

Also the deseases for extra damage should only be on Obliterate and Frost Strike and maybe Frostscyth. If it’s on Soul Reaper as well people would cry out for nerfs and the Devs love doing that to us

I like soul reapers current function. Makes downtime bearable. If all three specs got it, it would be heavenly. Pair it with rune strike and blood tap, oh baby.

2 Likes

Mm I see your point but I liked the execute part from expansions ago. If it had both where if it fails to kill it gives 5% Haste and a rune if it does 10% haste and 2 runes

Maybe the execute can be given back via a talent
soul rip
Soul reaper now has a execute after the 8 sec dot dealing massive shadowfrost damage
failing to kill gives 5% Haste for 8 sec and a rune and if SR does kill it gives 10% for 8 sec and 2 runes

5 Likes

mmm Soul Reaper with Killing Machine and/or Deseases

I’d choose Deseases and leave Killing Machine to Obliterate with the does more damage with them

1 Like

Would love to get Soul reaper execute back! Way cooler than the one now, with a good “timing” element to it

2 Likes

explain timing like 35% or lower?

1 Like

I just want our execute back. Wars have theirs, pallys are suppose to be getting HoW back baseline, why cant we get our old execute back? Usable on targets under 35%, does X% of ap, after Y seconds, deals Z amount of shadowfrost (so unh and frost masteries benefit the skill) to the target. If the target dies during soul reaper or if soul reaper causes the target to die, gain X% haste.

3 Likes

So sr did over 360% on the proc when in 35% and below back in WoD.

Would it be reasonable to think it could do 300ish in shadowlands

What he said. Way cooler version of the talent.

1 Like

yeah i agree i guess SR downt need anything as long as the delayed proc does massive damage

I’d like an updated version of it rather than repeating the WoD version.

Landing a soul reaper execute in pvp was hardly ever rewarding even when you set it up perfectly. It didn’t feel good when SR hit for nothing. There was no reward for the effort of the set up most of the time. Sure a few times it ended a game but it was very rare and its pretty easy to play around.

Fix this and I’m in.

1 Like

updated how? like no more proc? does something nasty if it kills or not?

like if it kills it spreads to nearby mobs and ignores the health level and dor and procs and if that kills spreads more? put a nerotic strike in with the proc? proc refreashes deseases

i had an idea that like it is now but if it fails to kill you get half of the reward
maybe if it fails to kill you only get half the proc…

i think the dot needs to be uppd more

the more i think about it thats the nature of DK stuff it punishes you if you mess up.

oh for pvp what if it snapshots at the 35 mark and even if they heal back up it still goes off plus how much health was heal’d

I don’t mind getting punished for messing up or missing the window if there is a rewarding outcome when you do line up Soul Reaper. Like i said before, it never really felt rewarding once you landed one.

So, either make it more rewarding when you land SR execute with appropriate damage, buffs etc or lessen the pain of failing to land SR with one of the ideas you had or similar.

Like warrior execute hit way harder and was faceroll to use. DK had to actually plan for SR execute and it hit like a noodle.

1 Like

yeah back in 6.0 execute for fury hits for 350% each

tho today oblit hits for 60% each

i really hope they unnerf abilities like they hiy in the old days

so SR need to hit in the 650ish range

what if SR had a thing for the class where it lit up and could be used and procs regarless of health

anyway DIe you got any ideas

Abilities like Obliterate would be fixed with 2hands larger magnitude swings. Before those haters from the 2h threads come to argue this. Dont waste your breath. They can modify auras based on weapon equipped and change mastery with little effort.

I don’t know if blizzard would go for another sudden death type talent.

The easy answer is to buff the damage to a worthy value. If you cant outplay a 4 second debuff then you deserve to be killed or brought close to it.

Another easy answer it to add the execute to the current talent so there is benefit if it lands or not.

I dunno… For UH DK it will summon 2 zombie on application and upon proc it will it proc 2 more zombies and hit with some nominal execute damage, and FDK grant killing machine on application and upon proc it will proc empowered killing machine which makes obliterate hit for 100% more damage. SR would do some baseline shadow damage itself.

Who knows. My point is that SR needs to be more rewarding given the setup it takes and the puny damage it used to have.

1 Like

add a topic in the bfa section linking here

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/executes-need-to-be-baseline-and-nukes/370298/2

i do like the idea blood frost and unholy has a spin on it to make it rewarding

Not really true. Im all for putting 2h into the class asap but we shouldnt act like it will fix anything. It will hit a hair harder because weapon speed. Thats it.

Really just need SR to be active under 35% and maybe have it snapshot and let KM effect it so double dipoing icy citadel, pof, km, SR will be a massive crit but without will still hit for a decent amount.

guys keep the 2h-dw out of here can go to one of the endless other threads

also dont want it hitting decently we want it hitting massivly. for frost km can make it crit and be usable at any health level

unholy double doom mobs recently effected by DC the relayed proc will pop twice

blood mmm

for pvp how would ya’ll change it so its satisfying when it procs and when it doesnt

Cant have it hitting for massive damage if KM can make it used whenever or else no reason to use Oblit aside from building and avoiding when u have KM.

If u want an execute to have large damage it needs to remain an execute. Each class has its own kinda flavor about it, the only thing i could think that would be fair is if it does do giant damage, it would have a stipulation of the target remaining under 35% for X seconds and if they are it pops hitting hard.

1 Like