Soul Conduit is so much fun

VoP major + Soul Conduit feels like chaos bolt machine gun
You can actually build up bulk stacks of GoSup with the mini-fernals and if they proc chain it goes off like milk
Anyone getting bored of destro should go try this immediately bc it is a legit hoot

editing this because i can’t actually reply to my own post lmao;

I finally got a chance to test in an m+ with another destro warlock and thought i would share because i found it super interesting!
Keep in mind this is a small sample and obviously some RNG etc does apply.

Motherload +17 Overall data
Warlock 1: ilvl473 - Lucid Minor, Dark Soul: Instability
Warlock 2: ilvl469 - Lucid Minor, Soul Conduit

Shard gen:
Warlock 1: 0.02/s - 42 overall
Warlock 2: 0.09/s - 179 overall

Chaos bolt:
Warlock 1: 259 casts - 26.76m (20.3%)
Warlock 2: 346 casts - 44.43m (32.1%)

Rain of Fire:
Warlock 1: 28 casts - 4.71m (3.6%)
Warlock 2: 43 casts - 6.84m (4.9%)

This was actually the first time i’ve used the resource generation data in details as i only play destro warlock, so i had to play around with it a bit to make sure i was reading it correctly.

Basically i just tested hitting target dummies with incinerate (with no Lucid or Soul Conduit) and it didn’t show any results, so my assumption is that Details only displays shards generated by Lucid minor and Soul Conduit talent in the data from the m+.
I don’t raid atm (just came back after a lil break) but i think it would be interesting to test out in that format so if anyone tries it out please holler!

I can see that maybe being viable for M+, but I couldn’t see it being worth it for raids. Even in Mythic+ the damage you gain from chaining Dark Soul into GoSup on bosses and large trash packs especially on Tyrannical week is huge.

Just feels like Dark Soul better highlights what Destro does really well and that is burst for insane amounts. Lucid Minor/Soul Conduit turns the spec into more a medium burst/higher sustain damage spec. Seems you better off playing Demo or Affliction if that is your aim?

I don’t raid - just m+

Been running with Soul Conduit since just before i posted this and not looked back tbh it’s so fun/strong. With expedients and Ineffable Truth (120% atm)

But the benefits:

1. DSI popped 10 seconds into infernal is the meta, but with VoP often your gosup lasts for much longer than 30 seconds, and DSI, while strong, does nothing to play into that. Soul Conduit is actively working throughout your entire gosup window. Be that a standard 30 second window, or a 1 minute + window.

2. The refunds make every VoP feel like a damage window opportunity. Often when VoP procs you don’t necessarily have enough shards to utilise it on the fly, but with Soul Conduit you can make every window count for a huge amount.

3. I lose damage from the lack of DSI, but more shard gen = more shards spent = stacking gosup faster. Because i reach 20 stacks of gosup faster than i did with DSI, that actually makes up for a huge deal of the damage lost from DSI, and with good VoP procs (even extending gosup as little as 10 seconds) it can easily out-perform DSI.

I don’t think i would use it for raiding, but in m+ it’s not only viable it’s like seriously a blast to play with. And to me, destro has always been a really organic, play as you feel spec - it’s much less rigid in rotation that aff and demo and Soul Conduit definitely plays into that well.

Also, it makes rain of fire legit af. I don’t think i could justify using RoF with DSI popped honestly, but with Soul Conduit refunds you can just keep throwing down more and more and it does really solid damage in large pulls.

Anyway TLDR: DSI is meta for a reason, but Soul Conduit is definitely being slept on right now and deserves another look in - especially considering how much our power level has spiked with corruptions.

1 Like