Soooo, I started Mythics

I don’t like Mythics. Timer stresses me and I get turned around easily. I worry about blowing someone’s key.

I recently joined a guild that raids outside of my community. Had a few friends and they actively recruited me….boy, did they make a mistake. Lol.

Most of the guild is doing Mythics with some very experienced, most are somewhat and a number of dorks like me. I really want the mount and it’s nice to have some extra gear options.

We are all frustrated with the state of hunters and as a BM Hunter, I really feel this. Despite everything, I am having fun and doing a decent job with this mid level content. The primary reason is my friends and guild and a positive and helpful atmosphere.

After my numerous posts about relying on a 233 Korthia bow since last year, I have a 259 gun from my TW cache and just picked up a 255 bow from the Market Streets……and it took me a hot minute to realize I can upgrade this bow if I continue to run Mythics. Basically I can get the mount (mounts are forever) and upgrade my bow and not worry about a weapon for the next 6 months….just wow.

I am happy and having fun. Hunters have so many issues and I will still commit atrocities to fix pet pathing. However, through all the doom and gloom that threatens to drown out everything else, I am reminded that I play for fun….and I am having fun.

Just something positive for the day.

20 Likes

Thank you for this post. Very well said. :heart:

4 Likes

I realized that ever NF BM hunter needs a best friend DK with Grabby Hands. She laughs maniacally when I throw down my Wild Spirits and yells, “Everyone in the pool!”, as we mow them down. She does that in Torghast too.
My Mythic rating is nearly 1400, which I think is the highest it’s ever been. I’ve got a groups of friends that we run with and occasionally pick up a pug. Everyone has been really cool and I’m feeling a little less overwhelmed by the timers.
I also have training wheels, in that a few people will remind where to stand, point out when I’m at risk of backing into things and remind me of important fight mechanics. I’m very appreciative and do as I’m told. Lol.
My highest timed key is only an 11 and I’m taking it slow and steady. I don’t even attempt to join anything higher just yet and I’m fine with that. Gonna be here a while and we are still having fun and helping some other get gear as well.

3 Likes

Run your own keys and you don’t have to worry about blowing someone else’s key.

The process of creating a dungeon group for one of your keys feels intimidating at first but after doing it 2-3 times you realize:

1. It’s OK to admit that you are new. Once you got the whole group together just tell people, “I’m new to wow and new to mythic+, be kind” Other players will be helpful and tell you important things.
  2. You follow the tank. Don’t attack anything until they do and attack what they attack (or at least attack something in that group).
  3. Start out with low keys (2-9 key range) and people’s gear/mythic score won’t matter much.
  4. It’s OK to fail. Failing to time a key isn’t really failing. The group will still get something for it’s trouble in the end-of-dungeon chest and something for the vault.
  5. Quitting a key is failing it. You get nothing for your effort. Sometimes you have to admit your group is over its head. And sometimes people just quit the group. It sucks when that happens but if you run enough of your own keys, you’ll find that you complete way more keys than people quit from. If you’re going to quit a key, be polite and tell people sorry.
  6. Golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated. Be polite. Say “thank you for the run” and all that. Personally I have zero tolerance for anyone who starts talking trash. If it happens before I put the key in the font thing I will boot them. Sometimes I’ve booted people if they start drama during a key. I would rather play with people I like than be #1.

Good luck and have fun.

9 Likes

How does it feel to live my dream?

1 Like

If I understand you correctly, I feel very fortunate at this time.

I’m loyal to a small group of people that help each other. My DK friend avoided Torghast and was struggling with her legendaries. After some very good Hunter advice from here, I was able to carry her through until she felt comfortable. We’ve been running them every week and have the first Flawless mount and working on the second.

aww that’s a sweet story :slight_smile:

I have two friends, one who plays very regularly and the other who plays occasionally. My one friend is scrambling to get KSM, and as someone who isn’t perfect at keys and isn’t partial one way or the other towards getting it, I’m not often invited to tag along. The other is a pvper, and will occasionally run keys.

I have a guild as well, but its rare enough people who want to do keys in my range (12+, probably +16 is my ceiling atm). I mostly run for loot, if we time its just a plus.

1 Like

I havent done a single m+ since its launch in legion and i never will i despise the m+ system.i just play wow to pvp and own it up with mm hunter pvp.

the double tap aim shot deletion is just to much fun right now…lol.

1 Like

Glad you are having fun. No need to stress the timers. Keys can be successful or fail and still be fun.

3 Likes

I used to really enjoy PVP when i could do BGs and world content with friends. It was usually just 2 or 3 of us, baiting alliance and setting traps or coordinating to kill a flag carrier.

Not as much fun on my own, especially when chat gets really nasty. Just kinda slipped away from me.

And my mount collecting…um, obsession, directed my energy elsewhere. :wink:

1 Like

i live to aim shot people its the only reason im playing wow i dont do anything else but bgs.

I pug a lot of m+ and I have a consistent set of guildies I do m+. In 9.2 I’ve been asking guildies who normally don’t play m+ to jump in for a dungeon and slap out a 15.

No one cares if they make a mistake or if we scuff the key. We just enjoy playing together.

And, imo getting guildies ksm and 278 gear is a nice bonus.

4 Likes

Mythics are a lot of fun. I know BM is low on the charts but I enjoy it and was able to get KSM for the season. Play what you enjoy and have fun out there!

Well, I have broke the 1500 mark, so I’m super excited about that. Mostly I’ve done 10s and just a few above.

Now comes the scary part…working towards the 15s. Lol. Gonna see what happens.

2 Likes

Don’t sweat it too much. I usually have at least one close friend tag along. Depending on your group, a 15 might not feel much more difficult.

I’ve had +16s feel very easy, and +11s/+12s feel like pain incarnate. If you have a close-knit regular, group it’ll be perfectly fine.

2 Likes

Just updating for anyone with Mythic anxiety like me.

Timed a few 12s and they went well. I’ve got about a dozen guildies and friends that are willing to run with me and I’m doing just a little bit each week.

It’s funny how I’m still learning new things about the dungeons and tricks for the mechanics. I still make stupid mistakes but not as many as previous. Still fine tuning where to stand and when to throw down WS and such. Small variations between tanks and how they run can change that.
I’ve crossed the 1800 rating so, Yay me! Getting closer to that mount. :wink:

7 Likes

Well done! You should have no trouble reaching 2,500.

1 Like

i dont do m+ in wow i cant stand it i do hard dungeons in other games just not wow.

ill never set foot in a m+.

1 Like

Thanks for the support. I’m still very anxious but getting better in positioning myself and reducing the damage I take. I don’t like timers and random people that are abusive because they can be.

I’ve expanded my group of friends and guildies that do them with me. We busted some higher keys but timed a 13 (I think that’s my best) but finish everything with no hostility. We are a mix of players like me with some very good players and a few excellent ones.

Surprisingly, the part I didn’t think about was helping Alts and returning players with the lower keys because I’m comfortable in the under 10s now where I hadn’t been.

People ahead of me are pulling me upward and I can now reach back and grab the ones behind.

This is why I enjoy this game.

6 Likes

Only 40 points away!

1 Like