Sooo holy priests!?

Pvp is literally spam greater heal over and over and over again. Please, get rid if this stuff and make our other spells actually so something. Why is our heal soo weak???

7 Likes

Our mastery is to strong in a raid setting so if they buffed base abilities to decent levels it would over tune the mastery healing by a ton. The compromise they came up with is what we have now, trash in all small forms of content, average in raids.

3 Likes

They need to rework the mastery into something else. Hpriest along with Rsham (even monk tbh) have terribad and uninteresting masteries. Compared to Pala which encourages melee range and rewards good use of Rule of Law, and Druids which makes every spell worth casting since it buffs the previous/next spell you put on the target.

Healers need to get their pass because they aren’t even close. Mastery should at least help cover the weaknesses of the spec.

1 Like

It’s the opposite for me. I actually hate HPally mastery and don’t mind HPriest mastery personally. I don’t love HPriest mastery but I don’t hate it either, it’s just kind of there.

7 Likes

How mastery should work seems a matter of opinion. Most Hpallies hate their mastery and would rather have a passive mastery that they don’t have to work around.

5 Likes

I absolutely hate the direction Hpally took in the latest expansions.

If I wanted to use CP then I would be using a Rogue or a Druid.
And more importantly, the monk already had all the tools to be a CqC healer.

For these changes I abandoned the paladins and converted to the priests.

It is similar to the paladin in its early days but does not have any of its tools and that feels horrible.

5 Likes

I like that the mastery encourages melee range, the class is much more involved as a melee healer than one that sits around and spams Holy Light.

I would just like some kind of playstyle to come to hpriest. It hasn’t felt like its had a talent tree for years.

1 Like

This so much. Especially with the jump from Legion to BFA, so many cool combinations and methods to healing got gutted (Binding heal and circle of healing being in the same talent line comes to mind) and now it’s just a Holy Word: Salvation bot which I can’t stand remotely. I miss when we were about creatively thinking and problem solving to heal, not just being solely balanced around one spell.

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from but personally, I just don’t enjoy it. Not everyone enjoys the same things. When I’m playing a healer I like to have as much vision as I can. It’s easier for me to anticipate incoming damage, mechanics, or someone about to get hit by something they shouldn’t. Being in melee range can sometimes make that more difficult. But this is why I don’t main a holy pally.

I love the Holy Priest play style. I love the fact that we have powerful raid wide heals - and even have a choice between several when it comes time to use one - and I like the fact that we have multiple options for every global cooldown.

I don’t love the fact that we only get to be average in raid healing in exchange for being terrible in solo and small group content. Given the choice, though, I think I’d prefer being average and interesting to play than being above average and boring.

If you’re spamming greater heals and getting them all off, at least you’re winning whatever PVP you’re doing.

5 Likes

I miss old holy so much. Our spells had so much synergy with each other and they all felt good to cast while being unique. No reliance on holy words, no salv, no PoH spam, ugh. Now you have Divine Hymn and Salv fulfilling the same niche, same with sanctify, circle of healing, and prayer. It’s so boring, easy, and unfun, glad you enjoy it tho, but I want more.

I didn’t like Legion but at least we had some interactions with Prayer of Mending + Renew, and Flash Heal and PoH because if the weapon / set bonuses. Now, everything is just “reduces the cooldown of your holy words by x seconds”. I just want our other spells to feel strong, I don’t want to be spamming to get other spells off cd, that’s not how a healer should work.

2 Likes

The only thing I miss is mana management. I’m not sure it was worth having to have half a dozen ranks of Heal on my cast bars, though.

I didn’t know it might be an unpopular opinion, but I love the HPriest mastery.

I see it more as a micromanagement type thing. I love how if I cast Serenity on someone, not only are they getting hit with a huge base heal, but they’re also ticking a few Flash Heals. So I basically don’t have to worry about them too much for the next six seconds. I think that’s awesome.

3 Likes

Yep that than for the next 30-40sec (not including any cc/interrupts cause this thread is originally about holy pvp) you have the weakest single target in the game. Even hybrids heal for more. Love that, it’s great isn’t it? That 6 sec of mastery that just over heals 80% of the time off serenity. So worth. (Sorry sarcasm) I just can’t fathom anyone thinking this mastery is good outside of raids if they put even just 2 brain cells together to think about it.

5 Likes

Because it isn’t. Like the resto sham mastery it is simply the antithesis about what M+ gameplay is about, even in +15 keys.

In M+ the hpriest mastery won’t save anyone from dying. Therefore the other use for a HoT based mastery would be some sort of pre-emptive heal setup ? no the hpriest mastery sucks at that too.

M+ healing gameplay mostly yoyos between “yawn” and “OMFG people are dying so fast” with little in between, and the hpriest mastery suits neither situation.

If the serenity didn’t bump up their health enough, then the echo hot won’t matter. HoTs are powerful when you can use them preemptively. Trying to do anything like that as hpriest will make you go OOM fast.

You could literally take the holy priest mastery and convert it to a flat 20%-40% boost to the healing of all other spells and STILL the hpriest would be terrible in 99% of challenging M+ situations.

Anyways SL is pretty much changing nothing in this regard. M+ hpriests will be locked into the “body of soul” talent or they will have no decent mobility. Your mobile healing will still be a joke. You will still have no defensive cooldown (DP doesn’t count). Your precious legendary cloak effect will let you self-rez once before you are inevitably 1-shot by a stiff breeze or whatever avoidable effect your wheelchair can’t avoid fast enough.

Baseline brez ? nope, have fun bringing a druid/dk/lock to every tyrannical run

Decent damage ? nope unless you literally want to stop all healing

This spec is dead for another expansion.

Having a healing spec that amounts to “your spec is ok if you can stand perfectly still and spam healing spells with literally nothing else to worry about including doing damage” just doesn’t cut it in M+ design. M+ as healer is so much more than just healing.

5 Likes

Saw datamined PVP talent for holy that makes POM heal for 10% health, and ignores healing reduction debuffs.

That’s is so stupid, and I am going to so enjoy it in random bgs where it’s not getting dispelled 95% of the time.

There’s another PvP talent that gives you the old Ashran tome, kindasorta, where you can shoot into the air above attackers and heal your little heart out.

Both fairly useless in any ranked PvP but I will seriously enjoy the meme of it all in randoms.

I’m not saying it’s a good mastery. I’m just saying that I personally like it. And I’m not trying to use it preemptively, I mostly just mean that when someone starts taking damage, I can Serenity them to full HP, then if they still take damage, I can rely on EoL to heal that damage off because they are basically Flash Heals.

I’d also like to see the mastery changed, but I wouldn’t want EoL to go away.

Does this let you fly around in the air like in Ashran? It could be very useful in War Mode pre-flight to fly up hills and what not without having to go around.

I believe it’s more like DH rain from above, but let’s you heal. So straight up straight down. Won’t see use in arena, maybe bgs and world?

1 Like

That makes sense. I guess the Ashran version would be broken in BGs since there’s probably a lot of unintended places you could fly to that nobody else would be able to get to.